Neck Pocket specifications

For help with setups and other technical issues.
robotgraves
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Neck Pocket specifications

Post by robotgraves » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 am

Hey,
I've been searching for more styles of necks to make for people, but I've been struggling to find good information on the necks of the more weirdo (in a good way) fenders. Specifically the Bass VI, Mustang, and Jaguar. The information I'm looking for is

Heel Width (widest)
Heel Length (deepest section to the edge of the heel pocket)
Heel to Bolt (Either from the bottom or top edge of pocket)
Heel to Nut length (this is independent from Scale Length)

Sorry I'm asking so much, I just don't like buying one fender and assuming they all match. I know the pockets can vary pretty significantly

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Neck Pocket specifications

Post by gibs » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:45 pm

The heel on all of those mentioned models should all be the same as a strat/jm. The scale length is the only difference. Factionguitars.com has some templates for those necks as well.

robotgraves
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by robotgraves » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:54 pm

I know for a fact the Bass VI has a different heel pocket, it is deeper by a large amount: https://store.factionguitars.com/collec ... -templates

The Bass VI I had my hands on also had an additional 1/8th inch of paint on top of that, so I didn't feel super comfortable with using it's dimensions. Maybe I will use faction, or just ask for the dimensions and pay. I've never had a jag or must in my hands, so I wasn't sure if the pocket ends up more narrow for the smaller scale.

And I would still need the nut to heel dimension, I know that isn't universal between each of those.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:58 pm

The necks on mustangs and Jaguars are interchangeable. They’re both 24” scale length (unless your looking at the 22.5” conversion neck for mustangs, but that should still work too). So nut to heel should be the same.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Also. Forgot about the base vi, I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the normal scale 4 string basses, but not positive, I pretty sure they use a bass neck plate for bolting on.