Vibrato installment - template?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Vibrato installment - template?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 am

Hey!
I got this new Jag body - and it doesn‘t have the screw holes for the vibrato yet - and as I obviously don‘t want to fuck it up… where should I start? Is there a template that I could put on my thimbles of similar?

Thank you!

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vibrato installment - template?

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

HNB has a good process for this.

He can explain it better, but I you basically place painter’s tape around the the cavity, drop the vibrato in, move it as far in the cavity as you can in all directions, mark those extremes on the tape, then center the vibrato between the marks.

You could also probably measure the cavity with some calipers. Set the calipers to half those measurements and mark the center point of the cavity on all sides.

Having some cheap digital calipers around is really handy for all kinds of things.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vibrato installment - template?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:06 am

Thanks. That sounds like a good way! Would love to learn more about it from HNB!
Either for this or a future build. For now I decided to just take the vibrato off my Thinline and take it (the measurements) from here.

And yes, digital calipers would be awesome to have - my old (analogue) one is missing the set screw and so it‘s hard to impossible to set a measurement and keep that exact distance for any next step.