three pickup jazzmaster wiring though rhythm controls?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
wmdeeee
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

three pickup jazzmaster wiring though rhythm controls?

Post by wmdeeee » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:58 am

I have a 66' that came to me heavily modded years ago, so I haven't had to feel guilty at all about changing things around... lol

old wd pickguard on it finally bit the dust so I am giving it another permutation, but I am tying my brain in knots trying to wire it this time.

it has three pickups, two JM's as usual and a Jaguar pickup in the middle position.

I'm trying to use a switchcraft dptt switch (mustang switch) in place of the rhythm switch (one that can be wired "on / off / on" or "on / on / on"; this is a little confusing and I wonder if I am overthinking this--- i mean, it's just four poles active at a time, right?) to do the following:

Down: standard Jazzmaster via the lower bout toggle

Middle: Jaguar pickup through rhythm vol / tone control

Up: Jaguar Pickup and Jazzmaster Bridge pickup wired in series through rhythm vol / tone control

it seems sorta cut and dried enough, but I keep finding myself trying to combine three or four different schematics that vary a little to make this work... and so far, it hasn't worked. thoughts? help? drawing of what I should do?

wmdeeee
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: three pickup jazzmaster wiring though rhythm controls?

Post by wmdeeee » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:21 am

viewtopic.php?t=27994

basically need to figure out how to integrate this info into what I am trying to do.