Anyone tried the Bensonite bridge yet?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anyone tried the Bensonite bridge yet?

Post by Larry Mal » Mon May 13, 2024 1:08 pm

I think it looks good. I don't know if I would call it great. I kind of feel like it seems a little lackluster compared to the Halon, Tuffset and other new bridges that are out there, though. And I don't see why I would prefer this over some existing classics like the Mastery and Staytrem either.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Mon May 13, 2024 4:56 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:08 pm
I think it looks good. I don't know if I would call it great. I kind of feel like it seems a little lackluster compared to the Halon, Tuffset and other new bridges that are out there, though. And I don't see why I would prefer this over some existing classics like the Mastery and Staytrem either.
Have you tried to order a Staytrem lately? ;)

In all seriousness, it does hold the saddles together tightly, and I would guess the higher mass helps with tone. The price is right, if not highly competitive. It would just be nice if they had a non-gold version.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm

alexpigment wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:56 pm

Have you tried to order a Staytrem lately? ;)

In all seriousness, it does hold the saddles together tightly, and I would guess the higher mass helps with tone. The price is right, if not highly competitive. It would just be nice if they had a non-gold version.
No, I guess it's pretty bad from what I see here, though.

Staytrem is weird in that he quit selling outside the UK for a while so clearly he's not all that in it for the money and has no interest in selling the design or scaling up.

I should not complain about this Bensonite bridge, though, I still remember when there were no other bridges you could buy. And it looks good. Might not be my first choice but if it was on a guitar I owned I'm sure I would like it.

Except:

I do not like rocking bridges.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

RockStarNick
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RockStarNick » Tue May 14, 2024 4:04 pm

Just discovering the Bensonite bridge now. That's a LOT more brass and mass than a typical jag/jazz bridge.

I can only imagine that the notes sound super fat. I'll keep this in mind if I ever wind up doing a H-H "rock" Jazzmaster build.

Dr. Ooh
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Dr. Ooh » Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 am

I'm going to pick one up this week, for my am vintage ii jm. Will report back once I install it.