Why doesn't Mastery sell replacement arms for their tremolos?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
will
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Why doesn't Mastery sell replacement arms for their tremolos?

Post by will » Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am

I've never bought something from Mastery new, but they were nice enough to send me some new replacements for stripped screws. (I think free of charge)

Did Mastery change the diameter of the trem bar at any point? It seems like it is probably milled from a rod, so different diameters shouldn't be a concern.

cyclopean
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cyclopean » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 am

this thread is enough to make me not want to buy from them ever.

trsssss
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by trsssss » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:04 am

cyclopean wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 am
I bet you believe everything you read on newsmax, too.
hillerheilman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 am
I admit I was definitely a bit harsh in my initial statement.
Wow, how magnanimous of you.

For someone who worked the register at a Walmart’s electronics section for six months, you sure do seem to know an awful lot about how to run a business. You also seem to know all about how easy it must be to repair, say, an iPad, so I’m gonna put my money on you’ve never been paid to turn a screw in your life, so despite your impertinence your ignorance can be forgiven.

For all intents and purposes Mastery is three people in a barn, and regardless they have more than enough sales to enjoy the right that every business has - the right to terminate a customer for being a complete turd. Your hypothetical anger at you being hypothetically fired as a customer for things you might hypothetically say on some hypothetical day tell me that you’re probably the type of hypothetical customer that Andrea - the only “customer service rep” at Mastery - doesn’t want to hypothetically dick-around with.

So you want one of their pretty little baubles? Good for you, get in line. Honest to Christ, people who never made anything with their own two goddamned hands telling machers how to run their business, these kids got a lot of chutzpah, talking like they actually know anything. Accent on Ann-Nee-Thingggggg.

And not for nothin, all y’all knee-jerk reactionaries who read something on a forum and then magically sold all their Mastery hardware overnight,boxed and ready to go in the AM, I would’t blame John & Co. if they said they never wanted your business in the first place. Frankly, you all sound like you’re full of shit.

Andy_tchp is the only one in this thread who demonstrably knows what he’s talking about. You chimps are lucky he puts up with you.
doctorock78 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:09 pm
It is a shame, since I was a good customer (2 Mastery bridges)
LO-F’N-L

You are not a good customer, Thurston Goddamn Moore and Lee Deez Nutz Ranaldo are good customers.

Signed,
A man who’s never owned, let alone seen, a single piece of Mastery hardware in his life

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:03 am

Is this, like, part of some kind of job interview at Mastery or something? If so I think it's great and you really have demonstrated that you have what it takes to do customer service there. Well done! You'll fit right in.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 am

trsssss wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:04 am
*snip*
Your free Mastery should be in the mail soon, but no ETA or tracking info.

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hillerheilman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 am

trsssss wrote:
cyclopean wrote:
hillerheilman wrote:

For someone who worked the register at a Walmart’s electronics section for six months, you sure do seem to know an awful lot about how to run a business. You also seem to know all about how easy it must be to repair, say, an iPad, so I’m gonna put my money on you’ve never been paid to turn a screw in your life, so despite your impertinence your ignorance can be forgiven.

For all intents and purposes Mastery is three people in a barn, and regardless they have more than enough sales to enjoy the right that every business has - the right to terminate a customer for being a complete turd. Your hypothetical anger at you being hypothetically fired as a customer for things you might hypothetically say on some hypothetical day tell me that you’re probably the type of hypothetical customer that Andrea - the only “customer service rep” at Mastery - doesn’t want to hypothetically dick-around with.

So you want one of their pretty little baubles? Good for you, get in line. Honest to Christ, people who never made anything with their own two goddamned hands telling machers how to run their business, these kids got a lot of chutzpah, talking like they actually know anything. Accent on Ann-Nee-Thingggggg.

And not for nothin, all y’all knee-jerk reactionaries who read something on a forum and then magically sold all their Mastery hardware overnight,boxed and ready to go in the AM, I would’t blame John & Co. if they said they never wanted your business in the first place. Frankly, you all sound like you’re full of shit.

Andy_tchp is the only one in this thread who demonstrably knows what he’s talking about. You chimps are lucky he puts up with you.
doctorock78 wrote:
LO-F’N-L

You are not a good customer, Thurston Goddamn Moore and Lee Deez Nutz Ranaldo are good customers.

Signed,
A man who’s never owned, let alone seen, a single piece of Mastery hardware in his life
What is it that the kids say these days ? Oh yeah. Okay boomer.
Shut the fuck up. Don’t ever tell me I’ve never worked in my life. I may have only worked at Walmart for about half a year, but I helped my grandma run her small business (a print shop, staffed by 5 people including her and myself. In which I on a daily basis, filled out ledgers, answered phones, bound books BY HAND as an individual with one fully functional hand, broke down boxes, swept, moved pallets of paper and various other print related things, and whatever the fuck else was asked of me from 7AM to 4;30 PM, sometimes every day except Sunday.) from the time I was 14 until it closed a couple years ago.
I’ve seen what it takes to run a small business, and y’know how you don’t get customers? Shit customer service, and not reacting to demand from your customer base, for one. Shit, we even did editing on some books a few times. Know why? Because enough customers started asking if she could do it. Eventually she started fucking doing it. That’s reacting to demand. Just as mastery should do regarding their arms, or otherwise be crystal clear about why they can’t do so. I publicly admitted I reacted harshly in my initial response. It’s absolutely true that I did. However, as I said in the post you only quoted the first sentence of, bad customer service sets me off. Shit customer service like that is the kind of thing I ABSOLUTELY would have been chewed out for. It reflects very poorly on any small business. More so I would say than any post on some Internet forum somewhere.
I worked despite, by the way, putting up with spasms and seizures on a daily basis. Don’t come at me with your boomer bullshit. If you had to go through what I do daily I can almost guarantee you’d off yourself.
Try losing functionality of your limbs sometime. I guarantee it won’t be fun for you.

But honestly I have a feeling you’re lashing out. Perhaps over recent events. Who knows?
I just wanted to tell you that it will be okay, buddy :-*

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm

I got a used thin skin JM and it had a Mastery trem but no arm. Seller told me to FO, so I jammed another arm in and it fit great. Then I read about this issue, and for the heck of it I ordered an arm from Mastery. This arm was mistakenly sent to my work, but due to virus I could not get there. Figuring it was lost, I tried to order another one and have it sent to the correct address, my house. Nothing. Not a single reply to my second order. I emailed every few weeks and never got any reply. So I just decided to never buy anything from them again (I’ve got three Mastery bridges).

Then, six months later work started again - and I got the original arm I’d ordered!! I was agog. So, it IS possible to order one arm, but apparently that puts you on the “do not reply” list.

Never did install it tho, the avri arm is still working great haha!

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hillerheilman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:03 pm

DeathJag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm
I got a used thin skin JM and it had a Mastery trem but no arm. Seller told me to FO, so I jammed another arm in and it fit great. Then I read about this issue, and for the heck of it I ordered an arm from Mastery. This arm was mistakenly sent to my work, but due to virus I could not get there. Figuring it was lost, I tried to order another one and have it sent to the correct address, my house. Nothing. Not a single reply to my second order. I emailed every few weeks and never got any reply. So I just decided to never buy anything from them again (I’ve got three Mastery bridges).

Then, six months later work started again - and I got the original arm I’d ordered!! I was agog. So, it IS possible to order one arm, but apparently that puts you on the “do not reply” list.

Never did install it tho, the avri arm is still working great haha!
I mean on one hand, good on them for sending you one. But on the other that’s still very shit customer service. At least a reply would be courteous, if only to say that they aren’t willing to sell you another arm. As unreasonable as that may be. The fact that you haven’t since purchased from them is further proof of the point I was making in my last post. Shit customer service like that = loss of customers. If you want to say they don’t need your business that’s fine, but this kind of shit adds up. In the end things like this make the difference between running a small business and running a SUCCESSFUL small business long term.

doctorock78
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by doctorock78 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm

This was such a shock to read! I'm assuming trssssss is a total troll, with only one post. Hmm. I'm sure we won't get any explanation. So celebrities get priority as "good customers", because they are... famous? Very modern of you. GTFO. By the way everyone, Staytrem is taking orders again I have heard.... also go here to hear some Jazzmaster thrashings: www.meningreysuits.com

trsssss wrote:
cyclopean wrote:
hillerheilman wrote:

doctorock78 wrote:
LO-F’N-L

Signed,

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:21 pm

This thread has done a really good job lately of impersonating certain other forums that I avoid because of this kind of thing.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hillerheilman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pm

mbene085 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:21 pm
This thread has done a really good job lately of impersonating certain other forums that I avoid because of this kind of thing.
I have a suspicion doctorock is correct about him being a deliberate troll. It’s the first time I’ve run into one of those here. Feels rather odd. My apologies to everyone if any of my responses were out of line. I felt they were warranted.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:45 am

Alright guys, let's all try and relax here...I think everyone's said their piece.

I will be locking this thread, as it is not going anywhere, it seems.
Resident Spartan.