Mastery bridge in a polished finish?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mastery bridge in a polished finish?

Post by Vendetagainst » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Hey y'all,

I'm considering buying myself a Mastery for my birthday. However, one thing that slightly bothers me is the fact that it's only available in a brushed finish, while the aluminium neck and metal hardware on my guitar are all polished. I'm surprised they don't offer that, especially since they offer the Mastery vibrato in a polished finish. I don't think Mastery makes one-off parts, so contacting them probably wouldn't do any good. I would settle for a brushed finish, but it would bother me a smidge as this guitar is my baby and I want it to be perfect. What do y'all think? Am I just weird lol
Last edited by Vendetagainst on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pscates
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mastery bridge in a polished finish?

Post by pscates » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Yes. ;D

Your hand is going to be hiding it most of the time anyway. Have a bit of wiggle room on this one area.

Or get a nice Mustang type of bridge that you can find in a polished look. Depending on your neck radius, the Johnny Marr bridge (7.25") or the American Pro Jazzmaster Bridge (9.5"), both available (and currently in stock) at darrenriley.com

https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-jo ... 712971000/

https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-am ... 709942000/

Both appear to have the 52mm string spacing, which is nice.

And with the money saved, maybe you can put a swimming pool in the backyard?

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:12 pm

pscates wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Yes. ;D

Your hand is going to be hiding it most of the time anyway. Have a bit of wiggle room on this one area.

Or get a nice Mustang type of bridge that you can find in a polished look. Depending on your neck radius, the Johnny Marr bridge (7.25") or the American Pro Jazzmaster Bridge (9.5"), both available (and currently in stock) at darrenriley.com

https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-jo ... 712971000/

https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-am ... 709942000/

Both appear to have the 52mm string spacing, which is nice.

And with the money saved, maybe you can put a swimming pool in the backyard?
Lol yea, you're right, it's no biggie. My radius is 12" so I think I'll just get the Mastery anyways.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Maybe I‘m just confused right now (it’s also quite late here) - but wasn‘t there a polished option some time ago? Or was this really just the vibrato?
I mean they even had some weird colors a while ago.
Shooting them a mail won‘t hurt and might actually bring some clarity! Or ask them if a metal-polish paste gets you there?!

Or go Halon! ;)

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 am

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:41 pm
Maybe I‘m just confused right now (it’s also quite late here) - but wasn‘t there a polished option some time ago? Or was this really just the vibrato?
Shooting them a mail won‘t hurt and might actually bring some clarity! Or ask them if a metal-polish paste gets you there?!

Or go Halon! ;)
Yeah you have a point, I guess there is no harm emailing them. I shot them an email, let's see what they say. I would consider a Halon, but that website is so broken it's basically unusable lol

hwestman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hwestman » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:22 pm

Vendetagainst wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 am

Or go Halon! ;)
Yeah you have a point, I guess there is no harm emailing them. I shot them an email, let's see what they say. I would consider a Halon, but that website is so broken it's basically unusable lol
You can order from Halon if you go to their FB group and use Messenger. Haris is the guy to talk to. Very, very friendly and enthusiastic.

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 am

hwestman wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:22 pm
Vendetagainst wrote:

Or go Halon! ;)
You can order from Halon if you go to their FB group and use Messenger. Haris is the guy to talk to. Very, very friendly and enthusiastic.
Ah, I see, thanks for the info! How much does a Halon bridge run you, if you know?

hwestman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hwestman » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am

Vendetagainst wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 am
hwestman wrote:
Vendetagainst wrote:

Ah, I see, thanks for the info! How much does a Halon bridge run you, if you know?
U R Welcome!

Don't remember how much they are but about in the same price range as Mastery, i e pretty costly but IMHO totally worth it (if you can spare the funds). I really like what the heavier construction does for the sound and string envelope.

Just like customs and VAT makes Mastery extra costly for Europeans the same probably goes for Americans importing Halon.

That said I don't really think that the Mastery bridge really sticks out visually. It's such a small piece of metal. The vibrato on the other hand looks off (to me) but there's a polished option for that.

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:16 am

hwestman wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:54 am
Vendetagainst wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 am
hwestman wrote:

U R Welcome!

Don't remember how much they are but about in the same price range as Mastery, i e pretty costly but IMHO totally worth it (if you can spare the funds). I really like what the heavier construction does for the sound and string envelope.

Just like customs and VAT makes Mastery extra costly for Europeans the same probably goes for Americans importing Halon.

That said I don't really think that the Mastery bridge really sticks out visually. It's such a small piece of metal. The vibrato on the other hand looks off (to me) but there's a polished option for that.
Yea, maybe I will consider the Halon. I do like you can get a rocking version and can pretty much customise it in any way.