Staytrem selling internationally again

For help with setups and other technical issues.
GAZINGUK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Staytrem selling internationally again

Post by GAZINGUK » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:47 am

I'm sure you've all seen this, but the comparison here is quite handy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viES3qFHnIA
Last edited by GAZINGUK on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

GAZINGUK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GAZINGUK » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am

I know that this is a Staytrem thread, but for those of you with an AOM bridge (Kurt Cobain Jag/Mustang, Mascis Jazzmasters, CP Jag/Jazzmaster, Fender Limited Edition American Special Jazzmaster Bigsby, Jaguarillo, Noventa Jazzmaster, Fender Vintera '60s Jazzmaster Modified, Squier Deluxe Jazzmaster, Squier FSR Ryan Jarman guitar etc), here is the drop in replacement by Halon that I'm looking at for my Thurston Moore Jazzmaster:

https://www.facebook.com/halonguitarpar ... 8600943984

Haris said it costs £150, so more than the old Staytrem bridges, but less than one in the second hand market. A used AOM Staytrem bridge isn't much use to me though. Most of them were for a radius of 9.5" or flatter unless you got a custom order. At least the Halon one can be adjusted for your neck radius. In my case it needs to be 7.25".
Last edited by GAZINGUK on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:11 am

GAZINGUK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am
I know that this is a Staytrem thread, but for those of you with an AOM bridge (Kurt Cobain Jag/Mustang, Mascis Jazzmasters, CP Jag/Jazzmaster, and Squier FSR Ryan Jarman guitars), here is the drop in replacement by Halon that I'm looking at for my Thurston Moore Jazzmaster:

Haris said it costs £150, so more than the old Staytrem bridges, but less than one in the second hand market. A used AOM Staytrem bridge isn't much use to me though. Most of them were for a radius of 9.5" or flatter unless you got a custom order. At least the Halon one can be adjusted for your neck radius. In my case it needs to be 7.25".
their stuff seems cool, but they're incapable of building a simple e-commerce website; I find it hard to take them seriously. A 12 year-old could put that together for them and make it easy to order their products. Instead, you have to send them your CC info in an email, which leaves your data open for exploitation. I'd love to check their stuff out, but ffs, it's not 1998 anymore.

GAZINGUK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GAZINGUK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:14 am

Lost In Autumn wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:11 am
GAZINGUK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am
I know that this is a Staytrem thread, but for those of you with an AOM bridge (Kurt Cobain Jag/Mustang, Mascis Jazzmasters, CP Jag/Jazzmaster, and Squier FSR Ryan Jarman guitars), here is the drop in replacement by Halon that I'm looking at for my Thurston Moore Jazzmaster:

their stuff seems cool, but they're incapable of building a simple e-commerce website; I find it hard to take them seriously. A 12 year-old could put that together for them and make it easy to order their products. Instead, you have to send them your CC info in an email, which leaves your data open for exploitation. I'd love to check their stuff out, but ffs, it's not 1998 anymore.
:D I've literally just said something similar in a different thread! When I spoke to Haris about the AOM bridge for the Thurston Moore Jazzmaster he was very nice and informative. The problem is his website and marketing. Each lacks information for the end user and the offset products are by word of mouth; they are not listed in detail anywhere. Photos can be seen on his social media pages and I know you can contact him directly, but it would be handy if he would just list everything he makes or can make along with the prices.

I want to know how his Jazzmaster vibrato compares to a Mastery one or the staytrem upgrade. Does it have an improved spring and what's the situation with the arm? Does it stay in place like the Staytrem upgrade? Is it reinforced like the Mastery system? Simple details like that would be handy.

tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tune_link » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 am

https://reverb.com/item/38982130-staytr ... set-bridge

Someone didn't get the message about Staytrem shipping internationally again. Thought about sending them a little message via Reverb but figured the price gouging was so bad on this listing that they can just deal with it sitting out there forever...then again maybe someone else is crazy and wants to drop $400 on a Staytrem bridge without doing any research first, stranger things have happened I guess.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:16 pm

tune_link wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 am
https://reverb.com/item/38982130-staytr ... set-bridge

Someone didn't get the message about Staytrem shipping internationally again. Thought about sending them a little message via Reverb but figured the price gouging was so bad on this listing that they can just deal with it sitting out there forever...then again maybe someone else is crazy and wants to drop $400 on a Staytrem bridge without doing any research first, stranger things have happened I guess.
I sent a message to give them the good news. That seller has a couple for sale at stupid prices, fuck them.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

invisible man
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by invisible man » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Ooooh, I’m just seeing this now. Awesome! I bought my VM Bass VI just before Staytrem shut down international shipping, so I’ve been dealing with stock bridge for a while. Gonna get a collet and arm too. Order placed, so excited!
https://soundcloud.com/billy-gashade

Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ursa Minor » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Ordered my second Staytrem Feb 13. Shipped March 5. Took a bit longer than the first one. I expect orders have been ticking up since he started shipping internationally again. Been tracking it ever since. Hoping it comes soon. :ph34r:

Really glad I was able to get a couple of these. The first one has been a total game-changer on my Jag. I'm excited to have a more stable setup on my old JM as well.
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.

blimpage
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blimpage » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Oooooh thanks for the heads-up! Have pre-ordered a bridge and trem arm to go on a guitar I built a little while ago, I've always wished it had em!

askemattias
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by askemattias » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:07 am

A question about export prices and VAT: I assume the prices on the staytrem website are including the british VAT. But if you order from abroad the shop won't have to pay british VAT, instead the buyer pays import taxes/VAT etc. in his own country. That's how it technically is supposed to work, but it doesn't seem to be the case with staytrem - what's everyone's experiences with this?
I don't mind paying my taxes, I just prefer only paying them once ;D

pikmin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pikmin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:53 pm

askemattias wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:07 am
A question about export prices and VAT: I assume the prices on the staytrem website are including the british VAT. But if you order from abroad the shop won't have to pay british VAT, instead the buyer pays import taxes/VAT etc. in his own country. That's how it technically is supposed to work, but it doesn't seem to be the case with staytrem - what's everyone's experiences with this?
I had to pay 45 € more at the delivery in Belgium and it stayed more that 3 weeks at customs .

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:06 am

askemattias wrote:
I don't recall paying any import fees for the tremolo arm I received in Philadelphia, a few weeks ago.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:20 am

askemattias wrote:
Yes, generally if buying from abroad the VAT should be excluded. Seems to be the case when buying stuff like automotive parts from the UK or EU, anyway.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

BearBoy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BearBoy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:44 am

askemattias wrote:
Not necessarily. If Staytrem's taxable turnover is less than £85k then they do not have to register for VAT with HMRC. If they're not registered then they don't add VAT on to their prices so people buying their products aren't paying any VAT.

There's no mention of any VAT being paid on my invoices from them and I cannot see a VAT registration number anywhere.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 pm

askemattias wrote:
No VAT charge appeared on my Staytrem bridge invoice, paid via paypal. Re local import charges, although the Australian government theoretically no longer ignores for 10% GST any imports under AUD$1000 (as they used to), there was no GST put on mine when it arrived. So no VAT, no import/GST charges.

Bridge back-ordered: Feb 6
Invoiced/paid: Feb 27
Despatched Folkstone by Royal Mail: Feb 27
Arrived Heathrow: Feb 28
"Leaving UK": Mar 2
Arrived Melbourne: Mar 9
Cleared customs: Mar 12
Delivered by Aust Post: Mar 17

Staytrem currently quoting up to 8 weeks wait.
https://staytrem.com/epages/950002362.s ... tent_page8
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.