Contemporary Active Jazzmaster Graph Tech Nut

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Necriam
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Contemporary Active Jazzmaster Graph Tech Nut

Post by Necriam » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:18 pm

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squie...o ... 30569.html

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these and added a graph tech nut and knows which one drops in.

Also, if someone owns the guitar and could measure it that would help. Otherwise I'm just going to have to wait for the guitar to come in and measure it and then order the nut.

I know it's 43 mm wide from the spec sheet but graph tech told me they needed to know the height as well.Has anyone bought one of these and replaced the nut with a graph tech nut or have one in willing to measure their nut for me?

I'm about to order one and I was going to go ahead and pay for the setup to be done when the guitar comes in and I wanted to replace the tuners with locking tuners and I really like graph tech nuts. I was going to go ahead and get one of those put in and all I know is that it's 43 mm wide. They have a couple of fender nuts that have that width but the height and whatnot vary slightly. I reached out to their support and they said to measure it to be sure and it would be nice to just get it all done at once when it came in instead of get the guitar then measure it then order the nut then take it up to the tech.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

fisonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Contemporary Active Jazzmaster Graph Tech Nut

Post by fisonic » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:18 pm

The Specs say it has a synthetic bone nut.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:53 am

Necriam wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:18 pm
https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squie...o ... 30569.html

I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these and added a graph tech nut and knows which one drops in.

Also, if someone owns the guitar and could measure it that would help. Otherwise I'm just going to have to wait for the guitar to come in and measure it and then order the nut.

I know it's 43 mm wide from the spec sheet but graph tech told me they needed to know the height as well.Has anyone bought one of these and replaced the nut with a graph tech nut or have one in willing to measure their nut for me?

I'm about to order one and I was going to go ahead and pay for the setup to be done when the guitar comes in and I wanted to replace the tuners with locking tuners and I really like graph tech nuts. I was going to go ahead and get one of those put in and all I know is that it's 43 mm wide. They have a couple of fender nuts that have that width but the height and whatnot vary slightly. I reached out to their support and they said to measure it to be sure and it would be nice to just get it all done at once when it came in instead of get the guitar then measure it then order the nut then take it up to the tech.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
which ever nut you buy, you will need to file down the bottom to get the height correct, anyway; you'll likely need to fine tune the string slots, too. I've never seen a fender nut that was a direct drop in.

sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sugarandopium » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:06 am

I appreciate all types of rock, and all types of
Jags/jms.
As long as there are tremolo/rhythm circuit options available, I see no harm in the hardtails. Have owned and enjoyed many of both over the years.

I bought this one sight unseen because I did the dark color offsets, the graphite sold me instantly.

The neck..... man that 12” radius is going to take some getting used to..... worlds apart from the ones most of us are accustomed to.

sugarandopium
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sugarandopium » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 am

Shit wrong thread, I thought this was the “contemporary jazzmaster thread” thread.
Feel free to move my comment.