I need help finding a wiring diagram.

For help with setups and other technical issues.
hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

I need help finding a wiring diagram.

Post by hillerheilman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm

Hey forum.

I need your help finding the correct wiring diagram, if you would be so kind. The project I’m doing right now is essentially a Tele Deluxe in Mustang Form. Trouble is, I can’t remember which mustang has the wiring I want to use, and googling phase switch mustang gives me diagrams I’m unsure of.

What I want is the mustang setup with a 3 way switch for each pickup where the middle is off with either side being on, both switches facing the same side is middle in phase and opposite sides is middle out of phase. Can anybody tell me which mustang has that?

I also plan to give each pickup a volume and tone via stacked pots. I assume that each selector switch would have an “out to volume” wire. So it would then be as simple as taking that wire for each switch to a separate pot and then wiring as normal?

Thanks for any help, forum.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I need help finding a wiring diagram.

Post by timtam » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:02 pm

This looks to be what you want for the Mustang switching side of things ...
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... 9_2019.pdf

For the independent pots, you would probably most logically insert the independent pots for each pickup prior to their switch. And then take the bridge switch's output direct to the output jack. More like Tele Deluxe/Les Paul wiring.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I need help finding a wiring diagram.

Post by hillerheilman » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 am

timtam wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:02 pm
This looks to be what you want for the Mustang switching side of things ...
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... 9_2019.pdf

For the independent pots, you would probably most logically insert the independent pots for each pickup prior to their switch. And then take the bridge switch's output direct to the output jack. More like Tele Deluxe/Les Paul wiring.
That is it, thanks! You’re totally right, I’ll do exactly that. I’m still trying to wrap my head around wiring stuff.

Thanks timtam