Thimble Holes <--> Trem cavity measurements?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
OregonMike
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Thimble Holes <--> Trem cavity measurements?

Post by OregonMike » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Hey, all-

I Have a really nice Allparts body that needs to have its thimble holes drilled. I've scoured the intertubes and although there are some great templates with measurements, all of them seem to be missing the distance of the thimble holes relative to the trem cavity or bridge pup cavity. I know the diameter to use, the distance of the holes from each other and their depth, but not how far forward or backward they site on the body. Any help would be much appreciated. I suppose last resort would be buying the pick guard and using their holes to get the measurement, but would prefer something more accurate.

Thanks,
OregonMike
Last edited by OregonMike on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Thimble Holes <--> Trem cavity measurements?

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 pm

just my 2 cents ,the distance you need is end of neck pocket ,center of bridge thimble (on us jazz is something like 182 mm as i remember )
you're body is us spec or mij spec ? for me allpart do lot of mij stuff (like their guard)
the good mesure is to mount your neck ,mesure 25,5 inch from the nut ,draw a line and your E treble must be here when it is in the middle of the bridge ,just push the line more one mm to be secure and you have the center of thimble (normally it is more or less 182 mm from the neck pocket end
the guard is indicative but not be trusted ;)

OregonMike
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Thimble Holes <--> Trem cavity measurements?

Post by OregonMike » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Thanks, ludobag1- This was spec'd as US standard JM. I have my Warmoth neck in place, so I'll take some measurements. Appreciate the help!