Would this bridge work with a Vintera Jazz? UPDATE: no

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Jezmund13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Would this bridge work with a Vintera Jazz? UPDATE: no

Post by Jezmund13 » Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 am

timtam wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 pm
Jezmund13 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm
I just got this same guitar. Does anyone know if the staytrem bridge will drop right into the existing thimbles?
Assuming your guitar's thimbles have the (reduced) 6.5mm internal diameter that is being reported for this guitar, the Staytrem's post diameter of 5.7-5.8mm should drop in and have just enough room to rock (unlike the stock bridge on this Vintera model). Although not as much rocking 'room' as it's supposed to get.
Thanks for the reply. So it seems like the Staytrem is the only bridge option that doesn’t involve drilling into the guitar, which I don’t want to do. Do you know if the Mastery bridge will drop in or would the guitar need to be drilled?

Moo-Stang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Would this bridge work with a Vintera Jazz? UPDATE: no

Post by Moo-Stang » Wed May 01, 2024 10:00 am

Jezmund13 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 am
timtam wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 pm
Jezmund13 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm
I just got this same guitar. Does anyone know if the staytrem bridge will drop right into the existing thimbles?
Assuming your guitar's thimbles have the (reduced) 6.5mm internal diameter that is being reported for this guitar, the Staytrem's post diameter of 5.7-5.8mm should drop in and have just enough room to rock (unlike the stock bridge on this Vintera model). Although not as much rocking 'room' as it's supposed to get.
Thanks for the reply. So it seems like the Staytrem is the only bridge option that doesn’t involve drilling into the guitar, which I don’t want to do. Do you know if the Mastery bridge will drop in or would the guitar need to be drilled?
I have a M2 Mastery that I used on a Japanese Jag for many years. I recently switched it over to an OG Vintera 60s and it fits great. However, Mastery does offer replacement thimbles for a Vintera 1 that you can purchase and use with the M1 version.

https://masterybridge.com/which-to-buy/