String change overdue

For help with setups and other technical issues.
sewkid
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

String change overdue

Post by sewkid » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 pm

I would say the #2 reason for a string change to take place is - when the color of the string behind the bridge is a different color then the same string in front of the bridge.

For the last several times I have gotten the old guitar out of the closet, I have noticed that the sound had been getting more like a drum beat then a guitar note. (Reason #1 for a string change = sound). So, string go bad not only from being played but also from setting in the closet.  Some people say they change their strings with every playing, some weekly, some monthly, and so on, but that is on a player guitar. I am thinking my strings (2 through 6) have been on the guitar for 10+ years. The 1st string broke at the ball end this spring when I was tuning it. (I hate it when that happens)

The string are there just to keep tension on the neck, so my question is - "Is there a time frame for a string change on a closet classic that never gets played, but say an hour or two a year?"

BenHagerty

Re: String change overdue

Post by BenHagerty » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah, that would  be a good reason :P

Professor Plum
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: String change overdue

Post by Professor Plum » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 pm

as long as the strings are there and keeping tension, then theres no reason to change them if its gunna sit in closet.

p.s. dont let a jazzmaster sit in a closet!!!!!!! play the sh*t out of it! you knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww you want to!  :ph34r:
make feedback, not war. pick it up! pick it up! up, up!