Regrounding Graphtech saddles

For help with setups and other technical issues.
camf
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Regrounding Graphtech saddles

Post by camf » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I've a CIJ Jazzmaster with a Mustang Bridge that I'd like to fit with Graphtech Black saddles. Annoyingly, when I asked the supplier if they were conductive they told me without hesitation that they were... so I guess if it doesn't work out I'll be able to get a refund!

If, however, I look to try and go ahead and shift the grounding from the bridge as it is currently to the tremelo plate, is there a neat way of doing this without re-drilling the body or having wire running over the body? Any suggestions welcome.

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Regrounding Graphtech saddles

Post by JazzBlaster » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:37 pm

The only way to do it is to drill a hole to the trem cavity. It's really not that difficult. I just wished I'd realised I needed to do it before I had the guitar back together.

good luck

David
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Did exactly that with a MIJ JM. Make sure you get a long drill. (at least 5 or 6 inch) otherwise you'll end up drilling thru th eback of your guitar....

then reground on the the trem plate.
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"

camf
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by camf » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks guys, I was just about to ask how it could be done... I don't have any drills that long! I guess I'll have to get along to one of the bigger diy stores and see if I can pick one up. I'll let you know how it goes.