Trem Arm

For help with setups and other technical issues.
donnyII
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Trem Arm

Post by donnyII » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:32 am

Hey, the tremelo arm on my jag keeps falling out, and it swivels around. Anyone know of a quick and easy way to fix this?
Behold, THE WIZARD

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: Trem Arm

Post by fullerplast » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:54 pm

Yes, but you have to be very careful. The collet needs to be tightened, but they can break easily. You have to remove the tail. Then remove the collet (the part that holds the arm). You will see from the back side that it is 'castlelated'... meaning it is in several sections that grip the rod. These need to be squeezed a little tighter. The castlelations will snap off if pressed too tightly though, so put something inside the collet while you do it. The arm works, although something a tad smaller would be more effective. Don't overdo it because the arm will be hard to snap in and out. Just snug it up. It shouldn't take all that long to do. You can even do it without completely removing the strings if you're careful.

Is yours CIJ? If so, I  think GPR sells the AV collet (separately) for a reasonable price. Its a good upgrade for not much $$$. The AV will get loose too, in time, but not as often as the CIJ.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by fullerplast on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q. Are we not men?

donnyII
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by donnyII » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:23 pm

awesome, thanks man, im gonna try this right now.
Behold, THE WIZARD

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:00 am

if you do decide to get a AVRI collet, make sure to order an AVRI arm too. the CIJ arms are thicker, and won´t fit an AVRI collet.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:30 am

the trem got stuck in my AVRI a couple of months after I got it. I use the trem all the time, but because it was stuck way in, it was pretty much too low to use (I like it nice and high).

I broke half of the collet accidentally while trying to get it out, and now I have a bit of electrical tape on the short end of the bar, to make sure it sits at the right height. It also stays in position too if you want, which is nice.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:04 am

mynameisjonas wrote: if you do decide to get a AVRI collet, make sure to order an AVRI arm too. the CIJ arms are thicker, and won´t fit an AVRI collet.
Yes, good point. I omitted that in my answer.  :-[
Q. Are we not men?