player duo sonic bridge replacement

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
del
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

player duo sonic bridge replacement

Post by del » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi pals!

I'm freshly sporting a new desert sand player duo sonic. I'd love to replace the bridge with a top loader in the style of vintage duo sonics (so something like a Toronado bridge) or a short telecaster bridge. However, these player models come with a bridge that attaches to the body with three screws and all the replacements I've found have four screws. Ugh!

Are there replacement top loader bridges that will "drop in" with three screws and not require dowling and re-drilling? If you know of such a thing, I'm eager for your direction! Thanks!

~del
The Kinks - The Fall – The Bad Seeds - Spacemen 3 - The Gories - Royal Trux
"The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world." - David Fair

del
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: player duo sonic bridge replacement

Post by del » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:38 pm

The original bridge is an American Standard Hardtail Stratocaster bridge. So I’m looking for a drop in top-loader replacement - precisely the American Standard Short Telecaster bridge (with three saddles and top loading string holes). I can find that tele bridge (e.g. through Callaham) with six saddles or with three saddles as string-through-body or with bigsby cutouts, but not as a top-loader! The one option I need, I can’t find. Oof!

Where can I find this! Who might custom make such a thing if I were to ask?

Thanks!

~del
The Kinks - The Fall – The Bad Seeds - Spacemen 3 - The Gories - Royal Trux
"The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world." - David Fair