Did this get fixed?Nvmabee wrote: ↑Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:26 amI'm back with this Cobain jag modification.
this is admittedly ambitious for one of my first custom wire jobs but it should/could in theory work.
I'm about ready to revert to a standard KC schematic - in general the idea work but nothing works perfectly:
• I think I have the unfortunate challenge of a ground loop AND missing grounds...
• stuff that should be working isn't - and the tricky business seems to actually work (partially)
• that 2-cap strangle switch makes me want to rip my hair out - the top position works, the bottom position works but the middle clean position is dead... how?
• the pickup selector detail is pulled directly from a mustang diagram... it should work perfectly but when I tap with a screw driver both pups give feedback in all 3 positions...
• the series/parallel/split switch seems to work on one, which is reassuring. if I can get one to work I'll match the other to it... just want to get some advice on how the switch is configured... does it actually work or am I hearing what I want to hear?
• I would be content reverting to two way switches (coil split), standard strangle, and a 3 way toggle at this point, but still need some advice using a 2 way (6 lug) jag switches to achieve this.
I know this is a bunch questions but they are ultimately a bunch of individual questions - feedback on any one of them or the digram itself would be helpful
FYI the four 3-way switches are mounted in a modified bass vi switch plate - which means the pickgaurd is modified and there is tons of extra routed room in the body cavity.
questions are in the image.
Might well be a little late, but I'd suggest you'd work through this in pieces. Can't see anything immediately wrong with the highlights in the wiring, but I'm a bit suspicious of the tone pot phase reversal...