ThePearDream's Talman Projects

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ThePearDream's Talman Projects

Post by smjenkins » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:48 pm
That color is gorgeous :? :? :? :? With the binding and everything!

smjenkins wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 pm
Also a huge thank you to Shadoweclipse who provided the wiring diagram in an epic PM convo titled "Possibly insane schematic help request". :)
You are very welcome!! I love the epic requests! Occasionally there's a request for something that's just too much for knowledge base, but I do love a challenge. I'm a little bummed that the blends don't work as well as you'd hoped. Would a different pot value make a difference? I wonder if one of the other wiring gurus know something I don't (I mean, I know they do, but for this specific case ;))

mbene085 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:49 pm
If you're not enamored with the bled pots, you could always use the 3-way toggle as Pickup A/both/Pickup B, and then use the two pots you freed up for a PTB circuit to regain the bright/dark function you lost from the 3-ways.
That is a really cool idea!! Simple, but elegant.
I'm glad you like the color combo. I had like a dozen green color swatches that I was hemming and hawing over before I picked that one.

mbene, I really like your suggestion to swap the slider switches and the pots. Very cool idea. I will definitely try that at some point (and will likely start another epic PM thread with Shadoweclipse :)).

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ThePearDream's Talman Projects

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:53 pm

smjenkins wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm
I'm glad you like the color combo. I had like a dozen green color swatches that I was hemming and hawing over before I picked that one.
And I generally am not a huge fan of most Fender-used greens either.

smjenkins wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 pm
mbene, I really like your suggestion to swap the slider switches and the pots. Very cool idea. I will definitely try that at some point (and will likely start another epic PM thread with Shadoweclipse :)).
You know where I am ;) Though I am still taking a hiatus from schematic work for a bit.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384