JAG-STANG Prototype - Reverse Engineering

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
jagstanger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: JAG-STANG Prototype - Reverse Engineering

Post by jagstanger » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Maybe for insubordination, cause he is on the right track an good detectives are not allowed to give too much infos too soon?

That’s a pretty interesting thought, that it’s a fake... wasn’t the red one also displayed somewhere? Would be hard, to show a fake as a real one. But would they really talk that often of a second red one, if it’s a fake?!

I’m not that good of a detective. I’m just confused and thinking, what the facts we now know could lead us to... :D
Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

jagstanger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by jagstanger » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Amon 7.L wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:05 pm
Detective, in my office: now. :ph34r:

...and take a sit.
So, does it continue like this? “...and take a sit. Cause I’ll reveal the truth about the red one in a minute.”

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:11 pm

I suppose it's possible the red prototype traveled through time.

Owner, Lowe Custom Guitars

AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm

BeeTL wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:11 pm
I suppose it's possible the red prototype traveled through time.

I'm pretty sure I saw a Dolorean.

Amon 7.L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Amon 7.L » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:14 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Chapter - Part 8: “Luke.............”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I move on, there's one thing I have to rip off my chest.
Aside from the abundantly discussed details, I’m sure I coulda/shoulda/woulda thrown something more to stuff this already well-fed Turkey but I think there’s enough meat for our mouths.
That said, there’s one thing that my whole humanoid-been CAN’T STAND.
It repels me so much that I’m not even gonna post pictures. You’ll either have to trust my word or your own eyes if you can bear such a close-up sight:
it’s the fucking pickguard hanging OVER the body roundover.

You can question aesthetics as much as you want, but at least the Blue Prototype is very well crafted and it doesn't display such an abomination as the above “feature”.
All the other JAG-STANGS are doomed with it.

Yes, my OCD has that big of a range, I’ve literally dissected each detail of the instrument. I went as far looking for clues to get the body roundover measured.

It goes at is follows:
1st gen MIJ 1995 JAG-STANGS: Ranges from 7.5mm to 8.3mm;
2nd gen MIJ 1996 JAG-STANGS: 9mm.

Now.... Our dear detectives and casual readers, are you still enjoying your snack & drink?
It is time to get a refill as you are now invited to go back at chapter 1 and take a shot each time you read the word: “Fortuity”.

Now take a double one for another big-ass Fortuity actually happened:
At this point me & AcrylicSuperman came to know about of one event that gave us substantial foundation to confirm some of our previous theories: Stealing at Fender Custom Shop occurred in 1996.
Unfortunately, still, we’ve gotten only partial answers & missing information…

What I can tell you is that we reached the very point where even our most audacious theories were nothing short of plausible, no matter how beyond incredible they appeared to be.

With too many question marks to deal with, I thought there was 1 specific question that could potentially solve the dilemma:

“AcrylicSuperman, if you get to talk to Larry, ask him if he can shine a light on all the fuck-ups we were seeing in Red. Was that pickguard a design choice or was something else?”

Fortuity, again (don’t forget to take a shot).
Just how it started, two separated yet parallel technical and historical paths are now joining into a single one as the answer came rather quickly, within the span of a few minutes….

AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Final Chapter - Part 8.5 and a half: “...I am your father!”

"When I reached out to Larry, I hoped that he would answer. He had told me that I could reach out with further questions but that had been about a year ago. To our luck, he did.

I initially sent him a blown up photo of Red, showcasing a series of problems from the neck pocket and screws to the gaps in the pickguard.

I told him that I had seen enough of his work at this point to know that this couldn't have been done by his hand. You can even see a very stark contrast with Blue if you have no other examples. When he saw it, he was pretty disgusted.

He was able to explain the humbucker swap. He stated that Fender hated it when master builders forked out for pickups or hardware that wasn't made by Fender in house. They felt it was an expense that was not needed.

He was confused with the pickguard and it's over hang on the round over, the 5 screws in the hump, the gaps. Those were things he couldn't explain. He then asked me if I had any full body photos of the guitar and sent him a couple. One of which, I don't believe that I posted in here.

Upon seeing Red, his initial reaction was "this is all wrong."

He told me that both Blue and Red were cut on a CNC machine (which we learned early on from Jason Smith that it would have been their converted metal CNC), and the two bodies came from the same template. The same pickguard template was used. He even remarked that the paint was not the same color he sprayed. He was certain that he sprayed a dark Dakota Red, and he was equally certain of this fact when I spoke to him a year ago. I then asked him about the neck plate and he said that it shouldn't have a serial number, the neck plates on both of the Jagstangs he built had blank neck plates.

In the end, he didn't seem to know the guitar he was looking at, one that he was supposed to have built. At this very moment, many pieces of the puzzle started falling into place.

I couldn't help but think about Larry's account of thefts at Fender, Zimmerman building additional necks, the mysterious cardboard cutouts. It all fell into place.

All fingers pointed to one conclusion..."

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:25 pm

AcrylicSuperman wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:12 pm
I'm pretty sure I saw a Dolorean.
McFly!!!

jagstanger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by jagstanger » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 pm

It’s a fake remake, just to display it somewhere and make money out of it?

So then the question is: Who is the owner of RED? Do we know that?

AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

jagstanger wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 pm
It’s a fake remake, just to display it somewhere and make money out of it?

So then the question is: Who is the owner of RED? Do we know that?
That is a topic for tomorrow. Lol

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 pm

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

I had to go looking found a post on Instagram and another on Facebook.
Last edited by BTL on Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:45 pm

BeeTL wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 pm
I had to go looking...this was a post I found on Instagram.
You've found the owner of Red 2.0. The individual asked me to remain anonymous though. Up to you whether you want to leave that link up or not. Can confirm that he doesn't answer questions.

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm

AcrylicSuperman wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:45 pm
You've found the owner of Red 2.0. The individual asked me to remain anonymous though. Up to you whether you want to leave that link up or not. Can confirm that he doesn't answer questions.
A very simple Google search yielded those results. It's difficult to imagine how he would post to both Instagram and Facebook and also expect to remain anonymous.
Last edited by BTL on Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amon 7.L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Amon 7.L » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:55 pm

BeeTL wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm
AcrylicSuperman wrote:
A very simple Google search yielded those results, so it's difficult to imagine how he would post the purchase toboth Instagram and Facebook and also expect to remain anonymous.
Another contradiction, dammit. :fp:

AcrylicSuperman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AcrylicSuperman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:56 pm

BeeTL wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm
AcrylicSuperman wrote:
A very simple Google search yielded those results, so it's difficult to imagine how he would post the purchase toboth Instagram and Facebook and also expect to remain anonymous.
In those posts, he showed off the display for the Juliens auction. In each post, he never specified that he owns it. Like I said, you can keep it up if you want, but he is a big wig in Fender. Only thing it changes is the content of my final post.

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:59 pm

I edited my posts to protect the innocent.
Last edited by BTL on Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.