Something Offset 2: Electric Boogaloo

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Something Offset 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by hillerheilman » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:26 am

So I think we will in fact be going with the pickguard and not trying to pull some inlay shenanigans. I think that it’s missing something though. I may try some pyrography shenanigans with a wood burning pen on the guard. I’ll have to test to see if something thinner like that would be fine of course.
I’m thinking if it’s too elaborate it’d draw attention away from the guitar as a whole. But if I were to go with something small and simple it might add to it. I’m thinking something like a small design or maybe initials towards the lower horn. Like the bird I’ve seen on some firebird guards.

Amon 7.L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Amon 7.L » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 am

I'm glad you're having plenty of alternatives, the pyrography you're thinking about would indeed be a touch of art in an already well crafted instrument.
Even with a simple black guard, this beauty won't look any less prettier.
I'm looking forward to see how it will come together :?

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hillerheilman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Everything is basically coming together. Just needs a nut, a setup and a little bit of tweaking on the wiring now. Having some issues with grounding and hum/buzz currently, but those should be solved pretty quickly I think. Should be in my hands in a few days. I’ll throw the ashtray on after setup.

Here’s one of it in more natural lighting sitting next to a couple other beautiful guitars he’s made. I’m hoping that the guard will age into a color that stands out a bit less than it does here. Time will tell.
Side note: That Les Paul looking one is called “Lester Paulie”, and it is legitimately one of the best guitars that I’ve ever heard in person. If this thing comes even close to sounding as good as that one I will be satisfied.

hillerheilman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hillerheilman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm

She’s officially complete! Just got delivered to me. Still haven’t decided on a name yet, but I’m going to work on getting some sound clips up for you guys to hear. I’ve never played for an audience before, so I’m not sure what would be a good way to go about doing a demo. Anything in particular you guys wanna hear?

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:41 pm

hillerheilman wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm
She’s officially complete! Just got delivered to me.
Sweeet!
Anything in particular you guys wanna hear?
Wonderwall :P

In all seriousness though that looks like a killer build with a ton of great sounds, hit us with something that shows it off well!