I had planned to record our new album with a Bilt Relevator but then a Squier got in the way ...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
stratoclutter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

I had planned to record our new album with a Bilt Relevator but then a Squier got in the way ...

Post by stratoclutter » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:43 am

Heavily modded Squier that is, we have been recording our individual parts from each other’s home setup which is interesting.

The Bilt has been my constant companion through so much stuff, it’s cool, comfortable and a real screamer of a guitar, it feels at times like from the shape to the sound it was designing for me.

The record started with several sessions of us trying to figure out where to go and by mid May I found the Bilt was overpowering the mix a bit, we gave several guitars a shot and we settled on a Squier Mascis Jazzmaster as the best of them all, it’s a guitar with an unusual bounce to it, very jangly but deep when it needs to be.

Unfortunately I recuperated it while my daughter ( 3 years old ) had decided to paint it green and it took so much wiping to get all the paint off I just gave up halfway ... ok so about the guitar.

When I initially got it, loved it, I play electric guitars acoustically to get a feel for them, everything else can be fixed but the way it sits, the feeling when you push a bend, the way it resonates when you try weird tunings, it really closes a deal for me. I had tried a few of them but this one had great fret work and just weighed what felt like a pound less than the others.

Got it home and right away took care of the issues. Cheap tuners didn’t stand up to mild trem use, put Schaelers, pickups were a bit too loud, got some Duncan antiquities, got a roller bridge to stop the pinging from the TOA. Bingo ...

It got a Decoboom pickguard later on as I wanted to get rid of the rhythm circuit.

She’s guitar number one right now and even being used on the second record, cannot recommend these enough, even with the high output stock pickups it sounds the business.

The [url] record [/https://rousetheboroughs.bandcamp.com/a ... reatures-2 url] and some pics

blimpage
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I had planned to record our new album with a Bilt Relevator but then a Squier got in the way ...

Post by blimpage » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't mind it at all with the green paint, looks pretty cool! 😄

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I had planned to record our new album with a Bilt Relevator but then a Squier got in the way ...

Post by Veitchy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:23 pm

I think it's cool.

Also, for what it's worth, Jimmy Page had a hand-painted guitar and now he's a millionaire, so...