Guitar Mill Jazzmaster Question

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Guitar Mill Jazzmaster Question

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 am

Does anyone know if Guitar Mill bodies are accurate for a standard American JM pick guard?

Is there anything else to look out for when making a JM from a guitar mill body? I’ll likely be working on another build as my plans for a vintage JM purchase are on the back burner.

I have a spare Squier Deluxe JM neck that I may or may not use.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Guitar Mill Jazzmaster Question

Post by andy_tchp » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 am
Does anyone know if Guitar Mill bodies are accurate for a standard American JM pick guard?
Yes, they are. Their templates/measurements are taken from a '63 Jazzmaster IIRC.

Mine has a US-spec pickguard and the fit is perfect.

The only thing requiring adjustment was enlarging the bridge post holes to accept regular Fender bridge thimbles, they were too small as delivered.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Guitar Mill Jazzmaster Question

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:26 pm

andy_tchp wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 pm
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:02 am
Yes, they are. Their templates/measurements are taken from a '63 Jazzmaster IIRC.

Mine has a US-spec pickguard and the fit is perfect.

The only thing requiring adjustment was enlarging the bridge post holes to accept regular Fender bridge thimbles, they were too small as delivered.
Thank you. That is good to know. I may pair it with a musikraft neck. I’m always a little reluctant to start shelling out cash to piece together partsmasters. I feel I got really lucky with my last one by not running across any issues at all.