Need help finding parts!

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Norrin Radd
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Need help finding parts!

Post by Norrin Radd » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:44 am

I’m putting together a partscaster JM. My first JM style - I’ve done plenty of Strats & Teles. Anyways, I need to buy a bridge and trem system. Here’s where it gets tricky. I want to use a neck I already have, but it has a 12” radius. So, I need parts that will work with those specs.

So:

1. Are there any JM bridges out there made to accommodate a flatter radius?
2. Does any one make a JM bridge with adjustable height saddles?
3. Is the Mastery bridge/trem system worth the $$$?
4. Any recommendations on a good trem system? Are all of the Fender ones I see for sale interchangeable (62 reissue vs J Mascics vs Jaguar, etc...)?

Thanks for all your help!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Need help finding parts!

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:35 am

The traditional Jazzmaster bridge will accommodate any reasonable radius, that's the point of the adjustable saddles.

And yes, the traditional Jazzmaster bridge as well as the Mastery have adjustable saddle height, but usually you will adjust the height of the bridge itself more than anything.

Whether a Mastery is "worth it" is a matter of great debate here, I own two of them, so I guess I'm in the "worth it" camp. But there are a lot of great options.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.