New CuNiFe Day

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New CuNiFe Day

Post by smjenkins » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:25 pm

The monthslong backorder for the new CuNiFe WRHBs finally ended and the pick-ups arrived this week. I put them in my Lee Ranaldo JM to make it the guitar it always should've been. When I cracked open the pickguard last night I was really unimpressed with the factory wiring. I didn't get a chance to take a photo, but it definitely didn't look like one of those meticulous 60's JM gut shots.

Here's a few pics of the new wiring (not perfect, but a big improvment in neatness) and pics of the completed project. I've got a couple other WRHB clones (Lollars, Novaks) and these new Fenders sound really, really good. It's a night and day difference between the fake WRHBs that came with these stock. As I'm sure everyone here appreciates, there's a world of difference between magnetic pole pieces and a bar magnet in a apickup. I'm going to grab another pair just in case I want to use them for another project and they stop making them.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New CuNiFe Day

Post by Embenny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Been a while since I saw one of these in such nice condition. A real beauty and highly deserving of these CuNiFes.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New CuNiFe Day

Post by smjenkins » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:43 pm

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:43 pm
Been a while since I saw one of these in such nice condition. A real beauty and highly deserving of these CuNiFes.
Thank you sir! Got a chance to play it a bunch more this afternoon and these pick-ups are really great. On the LRJM, I'm surprised at how much I like the middle position (which I usually don't)