3 way toggle mod on Jaguar help

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Rayne72x
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

3 way toggle mod on Jaguar help

Post by Rayne72x » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:41 am

Hey guys I’m looking for some advice how how to wire my Jaguar. I by no means have any wiring knowledge I wired a telecaster once and it worked but that’s it. And I also must admit the wiring was a second thought because I already began to buy parts to mod my Jaguar semi similar to kurt Cobains.

My main concern is I don’t know enough about this stuff so I am struggling to describe what I want.

My friend is gonna try and draw me a wiring diagram but I thought I’d case a net to here so I can get all the help I can. I am wanting to create something similar to Kurts Jag or Johnny Marrs.

Since I’ve already purchased the switch plate etc I’d be keen to use it in the jag.

Thank you

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 3 way toggle mod on Jaguar help

Post by timtam » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:32 pm

The Cobain and Marr are very different circuits. About as far apart as any two jags. All jag wiring diagrams below. Most also include diagrams showing what the switches actually do function-wise.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110958
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.