Earlpilanz Pickguards

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
d-rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Earlpilanz Pickguards

Post by d-rock » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:23 am

Has anyone purchased pickguards from Earlpilanz on Ebay? I'm specifically looking at getting a tortoise guard for my Jazzblaster.

The current guard I have is a super cheap $13 guard from one of the Chinese Ebay sellers. The tort layer is ultra thin, like thinner than an acoustic guard and isn't adhered all that great to the W/B/W layers. I wasn't expecting much but it's kind of useless if the thin top layer of the pickguard is peeling off.

I messaged "earlpilanz" just to ask about the thickness of the tort layer and he sent me an article on why real tortoise shell isn't used for pickguards anymore ;) Um, ok. His photos are low res and I don't want to get something shipped all the way from Scotland to the US only for it to be on par with the $13 stuff I can buy.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Earlpilanz Pickguards

Post by Lost In Autumn » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:00 pm

I’ve purchased several pickguards from him for Jagmasters. They’re much better than the Chinese pickguards you get on Amazon. They’re pretty high quality, but perhaps not the same level as the high end offerings from American companies, but they’re priced accordingly. I found them to be a good value and would buy from him again.

rasda
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Earlpilanz Pickguards

Post by rasda » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:41 am

I second that.
Bought two of them and am happy with both purchases.
Quality stuff!