Jaguar 3 way Toggle switch wo Bass Cut

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
lagouve
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jaguar 3 way Toggle switch wo Bass Cut

Post by lagouve » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Hello ,

I am by far not an expert and Have been reading schematic on the web but I guess I need to see some pictures to guide me .
I would like to replace my current Jag Pick up plate with a 3 way toggle switch like my jazzmaster.
I do have the appropriate plate and ordered a Switchcraft straight switch and would need some guidance with how to wire it ?
I plan not to use the Bass Cut capa anymore , was wondering if I still needed to connect the Blue wire to the switch or if I can remove it ?
Again , I am not at all an expert , if someone who made the change could picture me the switch connection and the wires it would be just fantastic !

Thx for your kindness and support
Laurent

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar 3 way Toggle switch wo Bass Cut

Post by timtam » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 pm

If by the blue wire you mean the wire from the strangle switch to the volume pot, then yes you still need that. It's the 'output' from the lead switches to the volume pot. Without it you'd have no lead circuit. It will become the output from your new toggle switch. Same as on your Jazzmaster.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

lagouve
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by lagouve » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:44 pm

Infact the blue wire goes from the Tone pots to the bass cut switch . I think it allow to get tone correction for pickups I guess I need it .

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Actually, you're right .. it goes to the tone pot first in a jag and the volume pot first in a jazzmaster. Either way, you need it. ;)
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

noisepunk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noisepunk » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:37 am

slightly different components of course, but this epiphone LP special diagram should get you what you're after:

if your switch looks like this:

...the center tab on the bottom row is ground, the top two are your middle position, and you'll have to work out which of the other two is neck and bridge, because i can't remember off hand :-[

oh, and for the pickups, "shield" will probably be a black wire–i haven't seen fender pickups in a minute, but ground is usually black.

lagouve
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by lagouve » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:02 am

Hello

thx for the answer , woudl love to get a picture to guide me :)

noisepunk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noisepunk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

without the same exactly components as what you have, a pictorial diagram is going to be the best any of us can do...

if you posted pictures of what you have, i could guide you through it.

lagouve
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by lagouve » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:38 am

I ll do it asap , thx guys