Has anyone ever ordered a glitter pickguard from Pickguardian (or elsewhere)?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Has anyone ever ordered a glitter pickguard from Pickguardian (or elsewhere)?

Post by Embenny » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 am

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a sparkleholic. After owning several sparkle finish guitars, I've accepted that I unashamedly love gaudy finishes that dance under lights. I've gotten to the point where even a metallic finish has to be an unusual or super vivid hue to keep me interested visually (like my purple metallic Tele).

I've got several boring black or white guitars that I otherwise love or am sentimentality attached to. Instead of refinishing everything or selling guitars I love to gamble on finding or building more visually interesting ones.

I've noticed that a few pickguard makers like Pickguardian have sparkle/glitter materials and am wondering if that might be a way to add some pop to a black or white guitar.

Has anybody ever ordered one though? I've found zero images of finished guards or guitars wearing them in my search for Pickguardian's glitter materials. In fact, ao basically can't find images of guitars with sparkle guards installed. I can find lots of miscellaneous pickguard photos on their own, and lots of sparkle guitars with pickguards, but not actual non-sparkle guitars with sparkle pickguards.

Are they really that rare? Or are they such a bad idea that nobody has ever dared to reveal that they've wasted money on one by taking a photo of their guitar?

Full disclaimer, I've already ordered this from Quick Guards for my white Warmoth Jazzmaster, which I've always found rather uninspiring visually. It was my first ever parts build, and my late grandfather helped me with it, so I'm trying to breathe new life into it:

I think that'll look killer on a white body with white covers and knobs.

But has anyone tried any other sparkle guards, especially from Pickguardian's selection? I'd love to see some examples (or for someone to knock some sense into me).
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Has anyone ever ordered a glitter pickguard from Pickguardian (or elsewhere)?

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:32 am

No idea, but I agree that will look sharp on a white Jazzmaster.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Gordon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Has anyone ever ordered a glitter pickguard from Pickguardian (or elsewhere)?

Post by Gordon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Very difficult to find a picture of one that's assembled, indeed... And I looked for it before. :ph34r: But I happen to have one on my phone from a previous search:

Graphic designer (comics stuff, Doctor Who, Star Wars...): https://www.instagram.com/monsieurgordon/ \o/