Thinline Jaguar

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
joshinrva
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Thinline Jaguar

Post by joshinrva » Wed May 25, 2022 9:51 am

Here it is fully assembled. Not a great picture. The concrete floor scuffs are on the top and bottom, and there's a very small hole in the back now I'm not showing in this picture. It was fully sanded and buffed with auto polish, but it's not really shiny. All the knobs seem to work. Pickup shield seems to have added some depth that wasn't there initially. Horns don't really line up. All of the hardware is Warmoth, which I think is unbranded Gotoh. There's nothing Fender here except the strap buttons.

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Wed May 25, 2022 4:53 pm

Congratulations that looks very good.

Hope it sounds just as good.

Hear is a link to a site selling white roller knobs, is this where you brought yours ?

white roller knobs

Where did you get the body from ?

:)

joshinrva
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by joshinrva » Wed May 25, 2022 5:33 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I have. They looked perfect until I realized the screw was just not catching well enough to turn the pots. Maybe there's a simple mechanical fix like superglue, but I reverted to the metal knobs I bought for the screws.

This is the body. Red Alder. I'm glad I kept the F-hole unpainted, although the angles in the body look kind of weird compared to my other semi/full hollowbodies. He won't do finish, but I think he can do necks. I'm very pleased with the Musikcraft neck. If I ever do a Jazzmaster, I will go back to them.

https://saylor-guitars.business.site/

joshinrva
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by joshinrva » Wed May 25, 2022 5:39 pm

It sounds very full and loud acoustically. I know a lot of that is due to the JS113s. They don't feel as tough as the JS112s on my hollowbody, but I think that's due to the scale. The angles to and from the bridge are about identical on my archtop, and action and relief are low on both. I have JS111s on my thinline tele, and those are more comfortable than the archtop. My strat partsmaster has SL110Ts that feel very floppy and tinny compared to the jazz flats. The jaguar feels a little faster still, despite having the heaviest strings, next to my bass. I had a slight learning curve going from my P-Bass to SG, and this feels similar. I don't really want to play anything else now.