This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
jasonpetzold
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by jasonpetzold » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:22 pm

Those are all very cool, but Gardenia is AMAZING!

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:00 pm

I love all of this Cope! The latest finishes look good enough to eat and I can't wait to see your concepts come to reality. I saw the previews of these on IG and was madly swiping back and forth between them. Awesome work!

skeletonsmith
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by skeletonsmith » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:30 am

I want to get one last, very special Guitar for my 40th Birthday, which is next Year. I guess it's gonna be one of yours.
Absolutely love what you are doing.

F15hface
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by F15hface » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:08 am

Really liking the look of the Azalea, and I was thinking over the weekend about a Venus with a mustang vibrato, spooky…

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:59 am

I really like that aged Firemist Silver Jazz bass
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:00 pm

efiug wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:31 pm
is the tele/swinger mashup one a short scale? seems pretty sick if so, gives me original fender bullet vibes too
Yes it is planned to be 24", but hopefully I will be able to offer any of these shapes in 24 or 25.5" depending on customer preference and demand etc.
skeletonsmith wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:30 am
I want to get one last, very special Guitar for my 40th Birthday, which is next Year. I guess it's gonna be one of yours.
Absolutely love what you are doing.
I'd be happy to earn a spot on your guitar rack :)
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:16 am

Howdy ya'll!!

Another week (or two) has come to pass and i have another batch of rad offsets to show off! Been working my ass off lately but its nice to have something to show for it :)

First up, I finished up this rad Mus-uar inspired guy, a collaboration with our own Pat Cross!! I'm calling this model the "Shoegazer" but i didnt yet have any shoegazer decals printed when it came time to paint, so it got a vibecaster decal. I've dubbed this finish "Booberry Burst" after my favorite breakfast cereal as a kid ;D . The neck finish is probably my favorite Ive ever sprayed: a gradient finish going from tobacco brown/iced tea at the headstock and heel to a light honey brown in between. Very custom look and the color palette works perfectly together if i say so myself. I'm doing the classic thing where I want to keep this one now that ive finished it, so hopefully someone buys it quickly and i'm forced to send her off. After all, i can always make another ::)

Next weve got another completed custom build, this time a "jazzified" Non Reverse Firebird. Finished in "Tomatillo" nitro and given a honey brown gradient finish on the neck. The little details really make this one: NOS 60s xii-style rotary knob (works as 3way toggle), Grover "Milk Bottle" tuners, and the little hand drawn bird decal on the guard add that extra little bit of custom flair :-*

You guys may remember a couple weeks ago I posted a restoration I got to do on a legit 69 competition blue mustang. I didnt get the pleasure of fully assembling it then, but I got pics back from the owner the other day of it all assembled and posing next to its twin: another 1969 compstang with the burgundy burst and a more faded color. Since he already had a faded example with the burgundy intact, we went for a very light relic with no fading and no purple burst. Seeing the two together is really cool and makes me feel like I'm doing pretty well at nailing the look of the original finish <3

Going way out of the norm for me on this next one: Lefty Gibson SG Special refinished from boring red to aged Pelham Blue nitro. This was a new code i tried out called "Lagoon Blue" and while it certainly nails the old Pelham look, i think with some aged clear it does a great job as an Ocean Turquoise, so i plan to keep this code in the rotation! This one is sick, just wish it wasnt backwards so i could play it :squint:

That does it for completed builds/refins, but i have some cool bodies i finished up this week too!

GuitarForm SG-3 body sprayed in Bright LPB poly:

Mus-uar style body for Pat Cross in Olive Green Poly (hopefully we get more pics of this one when its finished up!!)

Thanks for looking as always gang! Lots more cool stuff otw in coming weeks ;D

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 am

Holy crap. I’ve never wanted a purple fade before until now :?

Also, the faded red on that Firebird is amazing. And the headstock shape looks perfect.

Oh & that Pelham looks spot on. I wish Gibson did the lefty Junior in that colour. Lovely!
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:38 am

New logo / decal looks fantastic dude!! Is that one of the reshaped heads too?
Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 am

We probably need to see a full guitar shot again

I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 pm

sal paradise wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 am

good lord that's cool

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:06 pm

sal paradise wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 am

Went out and took some more pics in the sunlight ;) also wanted to include a shot of the neck finish!

The more i look at the Booberry, the less i can imagine parting with it..

IN FACT: I'm listing my competition Green JSDR build over in the guitar shop section to see if i can sell it instead and keep Booberry.. Head over there if interested. :'(

karmablock
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by karmablock » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Those look great! I just noticed you are a fellow Austinite!

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:07 pm

Just wanted to pop in and show off this swinger style build i finished up yesterday. The official name for this Feelgood model will be the Stinger ;)

I am completely smitten with this one. Body and pickguard were made by our good friend Doug (ThePearDream) of Fax Guitars, and his work is impeccable as ever! The neck is an Allparts JGRO neck, one of my go-to's for shortscale builds due to how perfect i find the backshape and vintage 7.25" radius/small frets. I reshaped the headstock to the arrowhead shape, sprayed it in medium amber nitro that i compared against my 66 mustang to make sure i got the tint right for the era. This one got a custom purple metallic Feelgood decal to match the "Ultraviolence Purple" nitro finish sprayed on the body. Handwound Alnico V neck pickup made to vintage specs by Q pickups in Croatia, Toronado bridge plate drilled for threaded tele saddles to approximate the look and function of the original duo bridges used on these. Threw some witch hat knobs on it because why not. Medium relic job revealing the white primer underneath, inspired by the countless old beat up mustangs and duo sonics ive drooled over throughout the years.

This one is listed on Reverb right now, but I'm doing my classic floundering where i want to keep the goodies all to myself. I kinda just have to tell myself "you can always build another, but someone out there who cant would love this thing!" :)

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:17 pm

Just want to say congrats to Christian. Another of his builds has been featured in the Reverb "Trending this week" blog post.

https://reverb.com/news/the-most-watche ... ic-guitars