This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by Nudger » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:42 am

copacetic wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 pm

Next up, finished up this Jazzy for our own Nocamping_4U! This Warmoth build was a craigslist find someone had abandoned. We initially planned to refinish it until i saw it in person and saw how amazing the color of the body was. We regrouped and decided to color match the headstock as the seller told me the body was already a nitro finish anyways, and it looked so good already. So i custom mixed some paint to match it (turned out perfectly imo) and sprayed the headstock. Of course i had already checked the lacquer on the headstock face when i went to do the same to the body and realized it was actually not a nitro finish and wouldnt check no matter what i tried. Not wanting to waste the gorgeous headstock refin, we settled on spraying the body in nitro clear coat over the poly finish and checking that. Worked out great imo, and this turned out to be a really sick guitar!

Aww man!!
Good call sticking with the body colour, That shade is beautifull.

cmatthes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cmatthes » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:40 pm

copacetic wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:25 pm

THIS may be my ideal Jaguar! I absolutely love that finish. I have a Gretsch Sparkle Jet with that on top, and a darker Green/Blue metalflake back and sides, but...whoah.

I need to finish up that @$$-kicking Graffiti Yellow Tele Thinline soon - just need to do some finish sanding on the neck and slap a decal on there before final assembly, but Copacetic Customs totally nailed the color I was looking for on that one (I always hesitate to post non-offsets here, but, I will likely air that one out in this thread soon).

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Nudger wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:42 am
copacetic wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 pm

Next up, finished up this Jazzy for our own Nocamping_4U! This Warmoth build was a craigslist find someone had abandoned. We initially planned to refinish it until i saw it in person and saw how amazing the color of the body was. We regrouped and decided to color match the headstock as the seller told me the body was already a nitro finish anyways, and it looked so good already. So i custom mixed some paint to match it (turned out perfectly imo) and sprayed the headstock. Of course i had already checked the lacquer on the headstock face when i went to do the same to the body and realized it was actually not a nitro finish and wouldnt check no matter what i tried. Not wanting to waste the gorgeous headstock refin, we settled on spraying the body in nitro clear coat over the poly finish and checking that. Worked out great imo, and this turned out to be a really sick guitar!

Aww man!!

That’s me! I have been playing the jazzmaster a lot. But may end up selling it soon. It is super super resonant. Just have too many guitars. It does look killer! Nudger, are you building more XII’s? My roommate still has one from you he refinished by Copacetic. Still bummed I didn’t get your Jaguar pickup XII string.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:14 am

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Aww man!!
[/quote]

That’s me! I have been playing the jazzmaster a lot. But may end up selling it soon. It is super super resonant. Just have too many guitars. It does look killer! Nudger, are you building more XII’s? My roommate still has one from you he refinished by Copacetic. Still bummed I didn’t get your Jaguar pickup XII string.
[/quote]

Its a real looker, Im a sucker for anything greenish.
No plans on building any XIIs. Got too many.. theres one on reverb.
Havnt done a Jag equipped XII? Didnt you inquire about my XII equipped maveric tho....

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:46 am

Its a real looker, Im a sucker for anything greenish.
No plans on building any XIIs. Got too many.. theres one on reverb.
Havnt done a Jag equipped XII? Didnt you inquire about my XII equipped maveric tho....
[/quote]

That's it. Yeah, that was killer.
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:33 am

What up offsetters

Im so busy right now im practically drowning in guitars, running out of places to put them lol. That being said im chugging away and knocking them out at a nice pace. Got quite a few cool things to share with you as its been a couple weeks since my last update. I'll save you some of the more boring stuff and just give you the highlight reel ;D

First up, probably the coolest "OG" style jagstang ive ever seen/played.. Custom build with a warmoth contoured body, custom shaped pickguard (since warmoth's guards fit all wonky) Fender neck, Lace sensor gold and Alnico V mustang pickups. Finished in Cadillac Firemist Aquamarine nitro, or my version of Fender's Teal Green Metallic. Sold on the 'verb within 24 hrs :o

Next, a finish that has become a specialty of mine: Kurt-style MIJ Fender mustang in aged (greened) competition blue w/ matching headstock. No matter how many of these i do, they never get any less fun or cease to impress me when i see them all together!

Another custom build, but this one was a commission. I was sent a reference photo of an insanely heavy relic strat and asked to get as close as i could to the look of that finish, but on a dual-filtertron equipped jazzmaster with a roasted neck, blocks and binding and a matching headstock. Sprayed the first sunburst finish ive ever liked the colors on first (technique still needs some work lol), then covered it up with super greened Ice Blue Metallic. While i didnt feel comfortable going with such a heavy relic level, i tried to beat it up as much as i could for the customer. Definitely my heaviest relic yet, but looks somewhat believable still.. maybe lol
Reference:

Vlad Duthiers, a super cool CBS news anchor commissioned this rad purple sparkle makeover for his MIJ 50's strat. He wanted something very "purple prince" and i think i delivered.. ;D

Thats probably more than enough for one post.. but i'll leave you guys with a teaser of things to come ;)

Thanks for looking! Keep it copacetic gang
Last edited by copacetic on Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:33 pm

Oh man, I want to send you all of my guitars. These are all so amazing.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

efiug
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by efiug » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:13 pm

love that purple-ish colour, nice job keeping up your great work with so many guitars.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:54 pm

Just a quickie for you guys today, but a good'n at least!

Finished up this Power-master build!! The color is "Graphite Nightmist Purple" a custom mix i came up with consisting of a silvery periwinkle type metallic purple base with a magenta/purple pearl colorshift paint on top to give it the flip flop effect. Pics dont do it justice!! I feel like this is a much more "offset" version of the pc

Nice little refin on this P90 mustang in Oxblood Nitro. Hard to capture it, but the paint has a little hint of purple in it which makes it oh so sweet. Paired with a pickguard from Reptile Guards and a new MIJ neck, this thing looks and feels like a vintage or custom shop example!

I'll check back in with a new post in a couple days, got some more cool stuff i should be finishing up imminently :)
Take it easy til then Gang!!
Last edited by copacetic on Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Wow, that Oxblood looks amazing, but I can't get over the powercaster. The original looked sort of half-baked but your interpretation is just so much more visually balanced.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:24 pm

Yeah, that Spellcaster is amazing!
Way better than the original Powercaster!
Really love that pickguard shape…but I‘d personally stick a plate (some new shape) under knobs and jack.

bagadix
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bagadix » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:37 pm

That oxblood Mustang is the coolest! Great work, as always!

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:07 am

Hey gang!

Just popping in real quick to show off this new Meteormaster i cooked up. These Jazzmaster mashups are so sick and its super satisfying to see something you dreamed up in a digital render brought to life! Keep your eyes peeled for more mashups in the future ;)

Be back very soon with more cool shyt! Thanks for looking
Last edited by copacetic on Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:18 am

Damn Christian, that Meteora looks so cool. 10/10. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Ugh, I love Meteora bodies, B&B, and my first Offset crush was the sherwood AVRI JM back in '99. That's like a greatest hits of everything I'd want in a Fender.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.