This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by N0_Camping4U » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:49 am

rank wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:18 pm
Embenny wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:33 pm
That Playboy is a full-on 10/10 from me. That's the kind of unique and kickass Offset I'd have killed for most of my life. I'd still want one now, I just finally got to the point in my life where I legitimately have too many guitars, so it's easier to control the GAS.
Agreed! I am very tempted to make a burgundy mist metallic one to match my burgundy mist Bass V.
Refin? Can you post pics :)
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:09 pm

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:49 am
It was a build a fellow forumite made & I just had it finished, not an original Bass V.
We are merely moving shadows.

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm

rank wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:09 pm
N0_Camping4U wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:49 am
It was a build a fellow forumite made & I just had it finished, not an original Bass V.

so hot. who did the refin?
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:01 pm

N0_Camping4U wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm
so hot. who did the refin?
It was my guitar tech but it wasn't a refin. A fellow forumite here made their own one as a project but decided not to complete it so I snagged it from them.

clintburgess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by clintburgess » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:27 am

I come back to this thread often for finish inspiration. You're doing incredible work here. I know who I'm reaching out to when I begin my inca silver jaguar build...Keep posting lovely pics to this thread.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:58 pm

Well hey there hi there ho there!

Long time no post! Life has been completely insane for ole Cope lately to say the least. From financial setbacks to breakups to car breakdowns to family turmoil to creative blocks, its been a rough few months. I've been slowly clawing my way out and am eternally grateful to the friends ive made on this forum and in the general guitar community that have made me feel less alone. As rough as things can get, I am very blessed to be able to do what i love for a living and that wouldnt be possible without places like OSG where ive learned so much and made such genuine friendships and partnerships :-*

If youve kept up with my instagram or my website lately, you know that Ive been very busy despite not posting, and have had no shortage of cool stuff coming thru the shop as always. Due to the amount of time ive been gone, im gonna try to keep this post shorter, so i'll only post my favorite things from the past few months (months?!?!) and only 3 or 4 pics for each, but more pics of basically everything i work on can always be found on my instagram if you wanna see more shots of any particular guitar!

Without further adieu.. here is what Feelgood Guitars has been up to lately! I've missed youse guys!!

Our very first "Astro Vibe" has been completed! Sprayed in classic '56 Chevy Sherwood Green nitro with a matching headcap, this one was custom ordered and went to a fellow texan!

Sweet custom-ordered Type 2 Dreamweaver in "Kyoto Green" nitro w/ matching headstock

Put together this ultra-custom jag with a customer's parts/neck they provided. Purpleheart neck with ebony fretboard, pearloid binding and block inlays and reversed headstock (cuz why not?) All gold plates, including a mute and Panorama tremolo assembly (with upgraded spring!!!) gold plated by the customer himself. Sprayed in a color shifting pearl white that goes from pink to blue to light turquoise in the light. Truly a rare "quest item" of a guitar!

Custom ordered LEFTY type 2 Dreamweaver in Booberry Burst nitro. Our first lefty commission, this one was really fun for Guitar Form and Feelgood to figure out the logistics of and see it all come together!!

We completed our very first "Hyacinth" model! Dreamed up as essentially a mashup of a T-style and a Swinger style guitar, we are offering it in either 25.5" or 24" scale lengths, depending on customer preference! The first shortscale will be completed in the coming few months by Copacetic apprentice Tyson as a personal build, but this first 25.5" example was made as a "store stock" build. Sprayed in "Kiwi Lightning" nitro with a matching headcap :ph34r:

This RAD Jm started as a customer's run-of-the-mill Squier Classic Vibe.. Completely tricked out with new vintage correct Alder body from Guitar Mill, Full nitro finish on the body and neck, custom poured resin tort pickguard, new Fender pickups, aged hardware, and a beautiful new coat of Fiesta Red nitro. This is pretty much the OSG definition of "super squier"!!

Did the finish+assembly work on this insanely cool Cross Scoundrel build for forum member smjenkins! Sprayed in custom British Racing Green Metallic Poly with a matching headcap and rad embossed chrome Cross logo! Always love being apart of collaborative projects like this!

Some rosewood necks and body also for smjenkins! (thanks!!!)

Custom ordered MS-style build in "butterscotchy" blonde nitro. Musikraft neck features heavily rolled edges and a lovely vintage aesthetic/feel. This is one of the most vintage-feeling and looking M-style builds ive had the pleasure of working on so far!

Ive had this strat since 2018 making it the guitar ive had the longest (other than my first one which is in pieces in my closet) but as ive obviously fallen more in love with various offset designs since my days of being a strat guy, this one didnt get played near as much as it deserves. So i threw it on my insta story and said id refin it in anyones color of choice for an additional price. A cool local dude named Carl took me up on that offer and this is what his heart desired! Shell pink medium relic nitro with a new relic'd anodized gold pickguard! He was floored with it and heading straight to the studio from our shop to record with it!

Bass VI refin for Zach, a forum member and pal of mine from Houston! Inca Silver nitro was suprisingly a first for me to spray. Turned out lovely!

Rad Starcaster-style body and Bilt neck for Javier, a forum member and cool dude! Burgundy Mist nitro with matching swoosh 8)

USA strat body refin in "Liquid Copper" metallic nitro. Very cool new color i discovered when searching for codes in the gold/bronze area

Did the finish work on this rad build for Carlos, a forum member! Dark sherwood Green poly w/ matching headstock!

I admit i saved my favorite for last... This 1966 vintage neck was desperately crying out to be bolted onto something again. We were commissioned to turn it back into a Jaguar and spray it in aged/med relic Sherwood Green nitro. With half vintage/ half replacement parts and a few cool quirks like a factory(?) brass nut, white button vintage kluson tuners, and a beautiful pickguard by Reptile Guards, this jag absolutely stole my heart as soon as i had one strum. I would probably go so far as to say its my favorite jag ive ever played or worked on!! The vintage A width neck is perfectly broken in, but with still enough meat left on the original frets to play beautifully. This is one that ive been unable to stop staring at!! Gonna spam yall with pics of this one bc fuck it hahah

Aaaaaaaaand thats all folks. I dont know if this thread will be updated weekly anymore, but i will do my best to pop in every week or two and update you guys on the goings on around the shop, like old times! Hope everyone has been doing well and staying happy and inspired :)
Ciao for now!
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:21 pm

Great stuff as always. That last Jag is definitely drool worthy. Really great to see your work again.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:08 am

Damn! That Jag is beautiful! But for me, that Hyacinth is amazing and looks like it should've been OG Fender, and that fiesta red is the PERFECT shade of fiesta red :-*
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

jthomas
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jthomas » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:13 am

Suite Jeezus! You do amazing work, just beautiful and amazing. Very glad you are back in the saddle.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:10 am

Yeah, that Jag is amazing ! I also really love the take on the Meteora with the rhythm circuit added. Looks so much better.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by N0_Camping4U » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:15 pm

That strat in the last pic looks stunning. ;)
Last edited by N0_Camping4U on Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:48 pm

There are so many amazing guitars in this thread. I particularly love how that Meteora looks & I'm not normally a fan of those.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:55 pm

Dude I LOVE the liquid copper!!! Phenomenal work as always, I'm loving the dreamweavers in particular of course. Do you mind if I post them on the GF Instagram?

Glad to see you've been keeping busy despite everything, you're a great dude and you bring a lot of magic into the world and help a lot of people achieve their dream instrument that will inspire them for many years and decades to come. You should be really proud - just look at the depth and breadth of work you've produced on dozens of pages now, each one with a proud and delighted owner.

If you've hung on through all *that* you better believe you've got what it takes! All the best man
Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

DrippyReverbTremolo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DrippyReverbTremolo » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:09 am

So much cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

BTL
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BTL » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:08 am

Really nice work, congratulations on getting back in the saddle! I followed you on Instagram and liked a bunch of photos there as well. :)
Owner, Lowe Custom Guitars