uprade and setup CV70s Jag (panels and neck angle)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
batbaby_yukki_
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

uprade and setup CV70s Jag (panels and neck angle)

Post by batbaby_yukki_ » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:01 pm

I bought a Squier Classic Vibe 70s Jaguar from sweetwater and actually had the dang thing pleked. I just liked it better than the Player Serier options I was seeing and decided to upgrade it a little in my own time. So it came with a setup. I assumed I'd have to shim the neck, but there is absolutely nothing in the pocket and the bridge sits 4mm high, and it plays just fine. The only thing I can even complain about is the G string buzzes when unplugged (I play this was a lot in my room). I think possibly the nut is cut too deep? If anyone can speak to this about the angle and the G string, I'd be interested to hear. I was very surprised it didnt need a shim.

My actual main question. I added an American Vintage Tremolo assembly. its shiny and pretty. it acutally makes the other metal components look funny. Namely the volume/tone/output, the pickup control, and the rhythm panels all dont look as chrome. What metal parts would replace these to match the American Vintage Tremolo?

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: uprade and setup CV70s Jag (panels and neck angle)

Post by DeathJag » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:41 pm

Are the clear protective stickers still on the plates? I grabbed one of those recently and after those came off, the plates are shiny. I did need to use 1.5 degree shims! A 1 degree and a .5 degree on top of each other! Maybe it's the 13 - 56 strings that pulled it so much? It plays great now though! It was my first attempt at fret leveling / crowning / polishing and it came out okay! Not great. I need more fine sandpaper or micromesh I guess, the frets have sanding scratches on em. But it plays well and I never bend so it's okay for now. Gotta figure out that crowning part better...