Exploradora - Korina Reverse Jazzmaster

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
DrippyReverbTremolo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Exploradora - Korina Reverse Jazzmaster

Post by DrippyReverbTremolo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:10 am

dbishopbliss wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:56 am
What do you think of the direction... be honest.

I really like the overall concept. But the square lines of the pickguard don't fit the body. The knobs are also placed in a straight line, which seems off. It all needs to flow better.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:40 am

dbishopbliss wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:56 am
Dusting off an old thread It has taken a while but I have finally gotten around to building this guitar. I'm in the final stages of deciding exactly where to place the pickup selector knob and I'm not really thrilled with the Fender/Duesenberg pickguards. I'm thinking of something more Explorer-inspired. Its still needs some tweaking but before I keep going I would like some input. What do you think of the direction... be honest.

What brand are those pickups? All I’ve really seen is lollar and the import ones gretsch has been using

dbishopbliss
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dbishopbliss » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:14 am

gibs wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:40 am
What brand are those pickups? All I’ve really seen is lollar and the import ones gretsch has been using
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I got covid followed by rebound covid and have been out of commission for 25 days now.

Those are P90 Staples by Mojo Pickups in the UK. Not to be confused with Mojotone in the US.

I haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I have a set of his CuNiFe Wide Range Humbuckers in a Jazzmaster form factor that I really like. He makes a lot of interesting pickups that are different that a lot of people's offerings. One of these days I may have to get a set of the Dual Foil Humbuckers he makes. They seem to show up in custom builds quite a bit.