Tuffset Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Tuffset Bridge

Post by RominRonin » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 am

GilmourD wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 am
Excitedly awaiting my email with the promo code so I can preorder one. :w00t:

The hard part is figuring out which guitar this will go on... It may go on my Enterprise Jazzmaster since that's my "high-tech, futuristic" one that currently has a Staytrem arm and bridge, WRHB-style pickups, the Fender Ultra string tree, and a black aluminum guard with the USS Enterprise on it.
Trekkie here, for want of a better descriptor - I must see that guitar!

On my end, i will put it on my new Franken-Jag-Stang build, if it works there, I might take advantage of that preorder offer and get another one (or two).

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:22 pm

Since the preorders have now gone live, I've split the thread and put it in the For Sale section. :)

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:58 am

mynameisjonas wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:22 pm
Since the preorders have now gone live, I've split the thread and put it in the For Sale section. :)
Thank you very kindly!!
Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RominRonin » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 am

mynameisjonas wrote:
**Clocks for sale section link **

“You are not authorised to view this forum”

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:16 am

RominRonin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 am
mynameisjonas wrote:

There’s a minimum of 50 posts to be able to access the Classifieds sections as per the forum rules.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

dinkytown
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by dinkytown » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:55 am

are the emails still trickling out? haven't received one and the Instagram post announcing them went up 18 hours ago.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:56 am

RominRonin wrote:
mynameisjonas wrote:

D'oh!

Like andy_tchp said you have to have 50 posts to access that. It's kind of a filter to make sure that people (or bots, because that's actually a thing) log in and immediately spam scams.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:58 am

dinkytown wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:55 am
are the emails still trickling out? haven't received one and the Instagram post announcing them went up 18 hours ago.
Actually, same here.

Dan... What is the email subsystem for your website? Do you happen to use Google Workspace?

bodhi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bodhi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:40 am

Congratulations on the launch! Just ordered two for a couple of my ultimate build plans that have been on my mind for a long time... :) Really need to get a handle on my spraying and finishing skills, it feels like it's the only thing holding me back from completing a handful of projects.

The pricing is a bit steep with import duties and taxes on top, but at least you're not charging UK VAT like some do... With the discount it makes out to be approximately what I'd pay for a new Mastery from the store, so that's not completely out of the question, but the regular pricing might be a bit prohibitive all things considered. I do realize there's probably a decent investment going in to all of this, of course.

A slightly cheeky promotion idea came to mind; the guys at That Pedal Show have had a show with Johnny Marr not too long ago, and got gifted one of his signature Jags. One of the main guys in front of the camera, Daniel Reinhardt, has apparently taken to the guitar (being a long-time fan of telecasters), but went off and replaced the bridge with a Mastery because of "problems" they mentioned offhand at some point. Sending one off to them and suggesting they'd try it out instead of the Mastery might be a good way to grab some attention ;)

Having looked at different 12 string bridges and ideas for a while, it could also be cool if you'd design something for that space. There's been an offset-style Coronado bridge on the market at some point a long time ago, from what I gather, but these kind of solutions seem to be completely impossible to find. It's probably a niche market, but perhaps a lot of the existing work could be reused, especially if you were doing something for a non-rocking solution?
Jazzmaster project (got a body, placeholder neck, some pickups and ideas)
Tokai Telecaster Thinline with Creamery Pickups Filtertron and Tapped Tele
Blake Mills-inspired Strat project w/ Gold Foil and slide pickup

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:51 am

RominRonin wrote:
mynameisjonas wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that. As already mentioned, it's to discourage scammers, bots, and people only here to sell stuff (this forum is primarily meant for discussions and sharing knowledge).
I'm sure you can find your way to the Tuffset website without access to the For Sale section though. :)

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 am

bodhi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:40 am
A slightly cheeky promotion idea came to mind; the guys at That Pedal Show have had a show with Johnny Marr not too long ago, and got gifted one of his signature Jags. One of the main guys in front of the camera, Daniel Reinhardt, has apparently taken to the guitar (being a long-time fan of telecasters), but went off and replaced the bridge with a Mastery because of "problems" they mentioned offhand at some point. Sending one off to them and suggesting they'd try it out instead of the Mastery might be a good way to grab some attention ;)
This is an awesome idea 8)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GreenKnee » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:43 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 am
bodhi wrote:
I've not seen the JM Jag used again since the first couple of vids after the JM episode. It's just sat on the rack. I think it was a short lived love affair.
To be fair though, I don't watch every episode these days.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:11 am

bodhi wrote:
Congratulations on the launch! Just ordered two for a couple of my ultimate build plans that have been on my mind for a long time... :) Really need to get a handle on my spraying and finishing skills, it feels like it's the only thing holding me back from completing a handful of projects.

The pricing is a bit steep with import duties and taxes on top, but at least you're not charging UK VAT like some do... With the discount it makes out to be approximately what I'd pay for a new Mastery from the store, so that's not completely out of the question, but the regular pricing might be a bit prohibitive all things considered. I do realize there's probably a decent investment going in to all of this, of course.

Having looked at different 12 string bridges and ideas for a while, it could also be cool if you'd design something for that space. There's been an offset-style Coronado bridge on the market at some point a long time ago, from what I gather, but these kind of solutions seem to be completely impossible to find. It's probably a niche market, but perhaps a lot of the existing work could be reused, especially if you were doing something for a non-rocking solution?
For the record, I believe Dan actually sold or traded another guitar to get the Marrguar after trying Johnny's.

tr@shM4gik
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by tr@shM4gik » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:02 am

Are people still waiting for their email? I still haven't gotten mine yet. :(

bodhi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bodhi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am

GreenKnee wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:43 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 am
bodhi wrote:
I've not seen the JM Jag used again since the first couple of vids after the JM episode. It's just sat on the rack. I think it was a short lived love affair.
To be fair though, I don't watch every episode these days.
They end up using most of their guitars pretty inconsistently, outside of the mainstays... Depends on what the show is about in a lot of cases, and I believe they tend to consider perhaps more familiar sounds as a reference for themselves and the audience. On top of perhaps not releasing all the videos in a chronological order etc... Who knows? :)
GilmourD wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:11 am

For the record, I believe Dan actually sold or traded another guitar to get the Marrguar after trying Johnny's.
Right, I was riffing from memory there, that may well be the case. He did try to peddle away a vintage SG for a while, it might have been related...
Jazzmaster project (got a body, placeholder neck, some pickups and ideas)
Tokai Telecaster Thinline with Creamery Pickups Filtertron and Tapped Tele
Blake Mills-inspired Strat project w/ Gold Foil and slide pickup