Tuffset Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Tuffset Bridge

Post by RominRonin » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:35 am

I’d also like to know the price. Anyone? 😇

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:11 pm

RominRonin wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:35 am
I’d also like to know the price. Anyone? 😇
Any updates? I saw a post on Instagram but I did not see the price.

PJazzmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Location: Bo Diddley Technical Institute of Cryptozoology (European HQ)

Post by PJazzmaster » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:18 pm

it is 209 EUR/USD/GBP ... as per the most recent Instagram post.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:32 pm

PJazzmaster wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:18 pm
Cool, looks like $40 off and free shipping to US, wonder how bad import duties are from UK. It’s actually a better price than I was expecting it to be, it’s just the import costs that might make it pricey for me.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 am

OffYourFace wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:14 pm
Deed_Poll wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am
let's talk about engineering 🔧
Hi Daniel, I have a question. I'd like to know about the nuts on the bottom. Is it possible that they'll fall out of you adjust the screw too far? I can't really tell what's going on from the pics but that was the only part I was unclear on. I apologize if you explained this and I missed it.
Hey! That's a great question - the earliest prototypes we had made, those nuts were longer and poked up into a larger hole in the wedge.

Though one never did fall out for me, it was always bad design when I'm telling people to introduce slack to the locking screw in the manual - it will happen to someone! - so on one set of redesigns I made the nut only as thick as the chassis, but introduced a tiny captivating slot / shelf mechanism to the nut and a corresponding one to the slot.

Now, if you introduce too much slack, the screw will back all the way out of the top instead of the nut falling down below!

You can slide the assembly to the extreme end of the intonation range and this will release the nut (if you undo it!)
Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:27 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 am
OffYourFace wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:14 pm
Deed_Poll wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am
let's talk about engineering 🔧
Hi Daniel, I have a question. I'd like to know about the nuts on the bottom. Is it possible that they'll fall out of you adjust the screw too far? I can't really tell what's going on from the pics but that was the only part I was unclear on. I apologize if you explained this and I missed it.
Hey! That's a great question - the earliest prototypes we had made, those nuts were longer and poked up into a larger hole in the wedge.

Though one never did fall out for me, it was always bad design when I'm telling people to introduce slack to the locking screw in the manual - it will happen to someone! - so on one set of redesigns I made the nut only as thick as the chassis, but introduced a tiny captivating slot / shelf mechanism to the nut and a corresponding one to the slot.

Now, if you introduce too much slack, the screw will back all the way out of the top instead of the nut falling down below!

You can slide the assembly to the extreme end of the intonation range and this will release the nut (if you undo it!)
ahhh ok i gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I look forward to trying one out 8)

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:15 am

PJazzmaster wrote:
Same price for all three currencies? So, which currency would I, as a Canadian, use to convert? Because, that’s three separate prices for me?
One being over 300 bucks. Yikes.
I hate being Canadian sometimes.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

Downsman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Downsman » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 am

Can you clarify the situation for a Jaguar with a mute? I think you've said the Tuffset isn't compatible with a mute, but can you explain why? Basically, if it just means the mute won't work properly, that's not a dealbreaker as I don't use it on my Jag. It's on there for the looks, not function. But if the mute stops the Tuffset from being installed or functioning properly that's another issue.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:36 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:15 am
PJazzmaster wrote:
Same price for all three currencies? So, which currency would I, as a Canadian, use to convert? Because, that’s three separate prices for me?
Hey!!

Yeah it's a funny situation with the currencies - if I could explain some of the nuts and bolts, maybe that would be clearer!

So the real killer for UK manufacturers (and those who sell into the UK market) is that we are charged 20% VAT (value-added tax) on almost everything we buy, with notable exceptions like essential foodstuffs and children's clothing and footwear.

However unlike the USA and Canada, all our sticker prices in shops have the VAT included and it's not itemised.

That's why the UK price is more expensive on the face of it - in "real" terms, we actually make a bit less on the UK orders when you account for the VAT, because it's calculated from the sale price it sort of affects the margin more than you would think. But it includes this 20% VAT.

Our orders that ship abroad are without VAT, and you don't have to pay the VAT on those orders - however, you may have local duties or custom charges to pay, and you know more about those than we do!

To answer your question, if you use the pre-order coupon we're sending out tomorrow to the email list, you'll be paying whatever $169 USD converts to in CDN. The shipping to Canada is also free, but we're not doing a $CDN-specific website and price.

I hope that clears things up and is a bit less scary!

TLDR: international orders don't have to pay the 20% VAT that's baked into the GBP price.

Cheers!

Dan

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:38 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:36 am
BoringPostcards wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:15 am
PJazzmaster wrote:
Hey!!

Yeah it's a funny situation with the currencies - if I could explain some of the nuts and bolts, maybe that would be clearer!

So the real killer for UK manufacturers (and those who sell into the UK market) is that we are charged 20% VAT (value-added tax) on almost everything we buy, with notable exceptions like essential foodstuffs and children's clothing and footwear.

However unlike the USA and Canada, all our sticker prices in shops have the VAT included and it's not itemised.

That's why the UK price is more expensive on the face of it - in "real" terms, we actually make a bit less on the UK orders when you account for the VAT, because it's calculated from the sale price it sort of affects the margin more than you would think. But it includes this 20% VAT.

Our orders that ship abroad are without VAT, and you don't have to pay the VAT on those orders - however, you may have local duties or custom charges to pay, and you know more about those than we do!

To answer your question, if you use the pre-order coupon we're sending out tomorrow to the email list, you'll be paying whatever $169 USD converts to in CDN. The shipping to Canada is also free, but we're not doing a $CDN-specific website and price.

I hope that clears things up and is a bit less scary!

TLDR: international orders don't have to pay the 20% VAT that's baked into the GBP price.

Cheers!

Dan
Thanks so much for the clarification, Dan!
-Judson
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RominRonin » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:25 am

169 Euros for a premium bridge on my new guitar is good, I'll pre-order - dare I ask what the ETA might be for early preorders?

Also, who else plans to post pics and videos when their one arrives? We need more Tuffset pics on the internet - I really want to see the Mastery bridge knocked off its perch :whistle:

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 am

RominRonin wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:25 am
I really want to see the Mastery bridge knocked off its perch :whistle:
I love how just about every business in the world has people who are actively rooting against it for reasons both real, informed, ill-informed, imagined, and arbitrary. I have my list as well. :shifty:

Let us all pray for Deed_Poll. Trying to start something like an adjustable bridge, he's invariably going to rub someone the wrong way and incur the wrath of some pissy/unreasonable stranger with a chip on their shoulder. The internet will soon find out! :-/

I like my Mastery bridges just fine, but I want to try these out. I hope there will be room for both in the world.

RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RominRonin » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:52 am

Definitely the more rational, mature take ;D

Still, I enjoy a good pantomime villain 8)

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:04 am

RominRonin wrote:
169 Euros for a premium bridge on my new guitar is good, I'll pre-order - dare I ask what the ETA might be for early preorders?

Also, who else plans to post pics and videos when their one arrives? We need more Tuffset pics on the internet - I really want to see the Mastery bridge knocked off its perch :whistle:
I definitely forgot to clarify this! The first "drop" when we dispatch all the pre-ordered bridges is scheduled to happen on the 20th April.

There is a document which defines precisely the terms and conditions of pre-order, it's linked at the top of the checkout page and elsewhere on the website and is worth a read.

Don't take my word for it, but in essence it says that any dates are liable to change, and either side can cancel the pre-order within pretty broad terms for a full refund.

It pretty much just exists so someone can't say "I had a show booked on the 25th May and I needed the bridge to perform the show, it was a 20,000 seat arena and I had to cancel it, you owe me a million dollars!"

I advise you to read it at your own convenience, the document has primacy over what I wrote above

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:16 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:04 am
RominRonin wrote:

I definitely forgot to clarify this! The first "drop" when we dispatch all the pre-ordered bridges is scheduled to happen on the 20th April.

There is a document which defines precisely the terms and conditions of pre-order, it's linked at the top of the checkout page and elsewhere on the website and is worth a read.

Don't take my word for it, but in essence it says that any dates are liable to change, and either side can cancel the pre-order within pretty broad terms for a full refund.

It pretty much just exists so someone can't say "I had a show booked on the 25th May and I needed the bridge to perform the show, it was a 20,000 seat arena and I had to cancel it, you owe me a million dollars!"

I advise you to read it at your own convenience, the document has primacy over what I wrote above
The sad part is that even reading the document and understanding it won't stop somebody from trying anyway.