Pickguard and knobs for AO 60's JM (UPDATE: Mission accomplished!)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Viking Power
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pickguard and knobs for AO 60's JM (UPDATE: Mission accomplished!)

Post by Viking Power » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Viking Power
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Viking Power » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Got it!

Thanks!

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:57 am

Looks great!
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:29 am

Viking Power wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:34 pm
UPDATE: Got my pickguard and knobs from EY and it all fits as needed. Very pleased. Thanks for the help guys!
Attaching a pic of my sexy Jazzy...forget it. How the heck do I post a pic?
Thank you!
Been looking for witch hats with correct number orientation.
Just orered 2 sets from EY :)

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:26 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:57 am
Looks great!
Right?

I'm impressed with EY's pickguards. I recently grabbed three Jazzmaster guards when I ordered my latest restock on 9.5" 52mm bridges. I took a gamble getting the mint and DAMN if it isn't super close to Fender's AVRI mint, like what I have on my Strat.

Left to right is the EY white, EY parchment, EY mint, and a mint guard I got off Amazon, sitting on top of my Strat with a Fender AVRI '62 Strat mint guard.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:34 am

GilmourD wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:26 am
BoringPostcards wrote:
Looks great!
Right?

I'm impressed with EY's pickguards. I recently grabbed three Jazzmaster guards when I ordered my latest restock on 9.5" 52mm bridges. I took a gamble getting the mint and DAMN if it isn't super close to Fender's AVRI mint, like what I have on my Strat.

Left to right is the EY white, EY parchment, EY mint, and a mint guard I got off Amazon, sitting on top of my Strat with a Fender AVRI '62 Strat mint guard.

I wonder does EY ship to Canada? I have been thinking about getting some guards to put on my CV Jaguar. I’ll do some googling.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:34 am
GilmourD wrote:
BoringPostcards wrote:
Looks great!
Right?

I wonder does EY ship to Canada? I have been thinking about getting some guards to put on my CV Jaguar. I’ll do some googling.
I would imagine. Actually, with the way US-Canada shipping works, I wouldn't be shocked if it was cheaper for you to order straight from them in China than it would be for me to put one in my next restock and ship it to you from the US. :D

But that's been my logic with my whole thing. The bridges have been my best seller. I order at least 10 at a time (my last order was 15 because the previous 10 went A LOT quicker than I expected) and go for the FedEx shipping option because at that quantity the difference between the SLOOOOOOWWWWW shipping and the 3-4 day FedEx option is only a few bucks. Then I have them here in the US with free shipping, so I list them on Reverb for a few bucks more than if you ordered one bridge straight from them after shipping but I'll have it to you in a few days.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:02 am

GilmourD wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 am
BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:34 am
GilmourD wrote:

Right?

I would imagine. Actually, with the way US-Canada shipping works, I wouldn't be shocked if it was cheaper for you to order straight from them in China than it would be for me to put one in my next restock and ship it to you from the US. :D

But that's been my logic with my whole thing. The bridges have been my best seller. I order at least 10 at a time (my last order was 15 because the previous 10 went A LOT quicker than I expected) and go for the FedEx shipping option because at that quantity the difference between the SLOOOOOOWWWWW shipping and the 3-4 day FedEx option is only a few bucks. Then I have them here in the US with free shipping, so I list them on Reverb for a few bucks more than if you ordered one bridge straight from them after shipping but I'll have it to you in a few days.
I assumed they were a US company. Do you know, if you these guards will fit on a CV? I know you have a CV, but have you changed the guard?

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:22 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:02 am
I assumed they were a US company. Do you know, if you these guards will fit on a CV? I know you have a CV, but have you changed the guard?
Nope! EYGuitar is

I have their parchment guard on the Whiteout Jag, which is a VM body, but lined up just fine with the CV guards I have.

Just so you know, though, I've found that aftermarket Jag guards seem to extend into the plate areas a tad, but I think that's because there's historically been so many complaints about plate gaps that they figure it's better to have extra plastic there that you trim back to fit an existing plate placement than to have a gap. The interesting thing is that it's beveled in that area rather than perfectly vertical like on a factory installed guard. Had to do that with the EY guard and that applies to the Fender AVRI guard I have on The Gator, too.

Viking Power
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Viking Power » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:28 pm

GilmourD wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:22 am
BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:02 am
Nope! EYGuitar is

I have their parchment guard on the Whiteout Jag, which is a VM body, but lined up just fine with the CV guards I have.

Just so you know, though, I've found that aftermarket Jag guards seem to extend into the plate areas a tad, but I think that's because there's historically been so many complaints about plate gaps that they figure it's better to have extra plastic there that you trim back to fit an existing plate placement than to have a gap. The interesting thing is that it's beveled in that area rather than perfectly vertical like on a factory installed guard. Had to do that with the EY guard and that applies to the Fender AVRI guard I have on The Gator, too.

Sweet looking Jags!