Bloomdoom pickguard fitment?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
austinandwhatnot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Bloomdoom pickguard fitment?

Post by austinandwhatnot » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:19 pm

Anyone have firsthand experience with Bloomdoom Jazzmaster bodies and know what pickguards will fit? I think that they need to use Japanese/import style guards, but I’ve also seen some Bloomdoom bodies with what appear to be USA spec pickguards.

I’ve searched the forum a good bit and haven’t found anything definitive.

EDIT: I emailed and didn’t get a definitive answer, which is why I’m looking for firsthand experience.

Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Bloomdoom pickguard fitment?

Post by Surfysonic » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:43 am

The "Vintage Cream Jazzmaster pickguard for Fender American Vintage USA 3 Ply" from Stratosphere fit perfectly on my BloomDoom JM body. :)

The doofus formerly known as Snorre...

austinandwhatnot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by austinandwhatnot » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:13 am

Surfysonic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:43 am
The "Vintage Cream Jazzmaster pickguard for Fender American Vintage USA 3 Ply" from Stratosphere fit perfectly on my BloomDoom JM body. :)
Nice! Do you know which company cut the body? I think t most of his Jazzmasters are from Wildwood.
Thanks!

Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Surfysonic » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:48 am

austinandwhatnot wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:13 am
Surfysonic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:43 am
Nice! Do you know which company cut the body? I think t most of his Jazzmasters are from Wildwood.
Thanks!
Per BloomDoom's FAQ, the JM body is from Wildwood. :)
What is the depth of the neck pocket on your Wildwood and Musikraft bodies?
This is a great question and always needs a little attention/clarification.

Wildwood
Jazz-Style – 0.580”. This has to do with the bridge. A shallower pocket like this is common on bodies with a Tune-O-Matic bridge.
Basses – 0.625” (5/8”)
Other bodies – 0.687” (11/16”)

Even with these above measurements, there is always a tolerance that is involved. Wood is alive (or once was) so it can change from moisture content, humidity and many other factors.
Wildwood’s maximum tolerance is 0.030” from the above measurements but that is a plus or minus tolerance so keep that in mind.

Musikraft
As of right now, I just get S-Style and T-Style bodies from Musikraft and their neck pocket depth is pretty similar to Wildwood. They pretty much tell me the same thing that there isn’t ever an exact measurement since we are all working with wood. They shoot for a 0.650” neck pocket depth which is right in between 5/8” and 11/16”.

I think the most important thing to do if there is any concern about neck pocket depth is to ask before the purchase and we can easily measure the depth of the neck pocket on the specific body you are interested in to get an exact depth.
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...