Re: Offset Parts and Suppliers

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:13 am

Apparently Fender sells a Mustang tailpiece that is already setup as a hardtail. Must be from the Gibbard Mustang?

Also, it's something to be aware of, if you are shopping for a Mustang vibrato, like I'll be doing again later today :-/ .
Doug
@dpcannafax

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:21 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:13 am
Apparently Fender sells a Mustang tailpiece that is already setup as a hardtail. Must be from the Gibbard Mustang?

Also, it's something to be aware of, if you are shopping for a Mustang vibrato, like I'll be doing again later today :-/ .
"Dynamic stoptail" :D :fp:
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

A Murder of Crows
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by A Murder of Crows » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:08 am

Looking for the 2021 reissue JagStang Low Profile Switches. anyone have any leads?

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:59 am

Does anyone know https://www.ebay.at/str/adpguitarshopaka fretdreamer (eBay) adpguitarpartsitarparts https://www.ebay.at/str/adpguitarshopaka fretdreamer (eBay) from France? They sell roasted B&B Jazzmaster necks with either no - satin nitro - or gloss poly finish (for roughly 90 - 110 or 150 bucks)
How is the quality of those necks? Might be the same roasted maple necks as seen from Chinese sellers.

barrycreed
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by barrycreed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:51 am

Is Earpilanz still the best bet in Europe for a custom pickguard ? Any EU based that could do a toronado squier pickguard possibly with mini humbucker routes ?

IceBlueBoogaloo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by IceBlueBoogaloo » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:07 pm

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:59 am
Does anyone know https://www.ebay.at/str/adpguitarshopaka fretdreamer (eBay) adpguitarpartsitarparts https://www.ebay.at/str/adpguitarshopaka fretdreamer (eBay) from France? They sell roasted B&B Jazzmaster necks with either no - satin nitro - or gloss poly finish (for roughly 90 - 110 or 150 bucks)
How is the quality of those necks? Might be the same roasted maple necks as seen from Chinese sellers.
If they get them from the same place Hoodoo Guitars does, I imagine they’ll be solid. I have a Hoodoo neck and the overall construction is great barring a few nitpicks and small QC things. The big thing I like is that the “MoP” inlays (they’re almost certainly pearloid) look excellent. No fogginess, no veneer, and they have a sense of depth in the light. The side dots seem misaligned around the 12th fret though and the binding tapers off past where the rosewood meets the headstock (not too big a deal since I plan to match the headstock with the body). For the price, these are things I can live with and a little tru oil on the back and a color finish on the headstock will be more than enough to distract me.

Lukes0n
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Lukes0n » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:51 am

Hello, i was sweeping ebay, google ect and i didn't find any 24inch necks (in Europe). Do you have any source of these necks ? Best is to be paddle with no finish, but it can be even finished. If there is worldwide source of good neck bellow 150€ price tag send me a link please. Thank you :)

theremintheme
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by theremintheme » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:55 am

I bought a Chinese made 24" neck (Taobao collection). Bad idea. Check separate thread in the Mods & Project forum for more info.

Ninbox4
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Ninbox4 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:01 pm

Hello!

I'm looking to buy a Guild Surfliner Deluxe. (if you haven't seen/heard one they are an incredible bang for buck offset guitar).
I absolutely love everything about it but the one thing I'd change is the pickguard. The pearl white with the green looks great but I'd really like to make it my own with maybe a brushed gold pickguard or something else cool. Does anyone know where I can get a pickguard??