Other than a Jaguar neck....

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Other than a Jaguar neck....

Post by daydreamdelay » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 am

what would work for a Jaguar neck?  same scale, same headstock shape, etc..

burker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Other than a Jaguar neck....

Post by burker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:19 am

I'm pretty sure the 24" scale musicmaster/duosonic necks are the same dimensions, and so would mustang necks, I think warmoth makes a 24" scale neck replacement aswell.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:50 am

Burker is correct. Allparts also makes a "Jaguar" replacement neck (part no. JGRO - no photo, unfortunately, but it's not too expensive at £106.80 inc. UK VAT - strangely no sign of this on the US AllParts site) with rosewood boards and vintage radius.

I was about to write that Warmoth only offered their 24" neck with "compound" radius (10"-16"), but then I checked and they will do any "straight" radius from 9" up to 16" for a $35 surcharge. But they won't do it in the vintage-correct 7.25" radius, if that matters.

If you want binding and/or block inlays, you're pretty much out of luck. Warmoth will do a bound neck for a $110 upcharge. If you go the Warmoth way with the flat radius and binding, you're getting close to eBay vintage stuff in price.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:09 pm

if I go with a new neck I know USACG makes a 24" neck with 7.25 radius with choice of pre cbs and cbs headstock so no problems there.. I'd love blocks and binding but no one is doing that very well right now. I'll keep an eye out for those other ones too, thanks  :)

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:26 pm

daydreamdelay wrote: if I go with a new neck I know USACG makes a 24" neck with 7.25 radius with choice of pre cbs and cbs headstock so no problems there.. I'd love blocks and binding but no one is doing that very well right now. I'll keep an eye out for those other ones too, thanks  :)
Yes - I neglected USACG for some reason. That's strange, because my new JM is a total USACG job (neck & body). I'm due to get it back from my luthier buddy who is setting up all of the hardware for me early next week - from that point on I'll likely not leave USACG out of my lists...  ;)
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:17 pm

daydreamdelay wrote: if I go with a new neck I know USACG makes a 24" neck with 7.25 radius with choice of pre cbs and cbs headstock so no problems there
But don't they have to leave a little extra piece of wood on the headstock so that they don't run afoul of the dreaded Fender licensing policy? No biggie but worth keeping in mind.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am

mjet260 wrote:strangely no sign of this on the US AllParts site
i don´t think they´ve updated their website the last five years or so. they seem to rely on other retailers to keep their products lists up to date.