Enjoy the Peavey and the Jag while you have them and move one/both on when you're ready and don't worry about justifications for/against. I love playing bass but if I'm honest, I hardly ever play the four I have unless called upon to play out with friends. That's alright from having a "tool for the right job" perspective, I guess.
Reasons I hang on to gear:
- Life experience with the gear (learning to play, played in my bands, etc.)
- Gear I've put together or refinished (amazing how attached I've become)
- Gear my guitar tech/friend has built/refinished for me
- Vintage gear - primarily for enjoying/appreciating (to me) the golden age of Fender guitars/amps in particular, but undeniably a reasonable financial investment currently
- That unmistakeable magic or mojo that you get when you pick up and play the instrument or play through a particular amp.