NGD — Squier Paranormal Cabronita BARITONE! Anyone grab one of these?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
WillPhistre
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD — Squier Paranormal Cabronita BARITONE! Anyone grab one of these?

Post by WillPhistre » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:14 am

I've wanted a baritone tele since forever. Ideally, I'd want a bog-standard tele with a longer neck, but since Fender has never really put one out besides the rare (and stupidly expensive) Bajo Sexto Custom Shop, I just kinda gave up on the dream. "One day I'll build one," I thought, "and it'll be 27" scale so I can tune it to C standard, and it'll have a P90 in the neck or something." After pricing that out I promptly filed it in the not-anytime-soon pile of dreams.

Then they announced this thing. For four hundred goddamned dollars. And while it doesn't have the EXACT specs I was thinking of (I still want an ashtray bridge and tele single coil down there) (...and sonic blue with a maple neck and mint green PG would've been sweet), it was like the FCS reached into my brain, built the guitar I was thinking of, and priced it to suit my budget.

Then they kept selling out all summer. At one point, I had one in my GCdotcom cart, only to have it sell out from under me before I hit "confirm". I ended up buying this one from some store in CA called Bananas At Large, which I'd never heard of.

So I got it, and it's great. The stock strings are too thick for C Standard, so I have some Light Baritone d'addarios coming in the mail soon. I also cut a new pickguard for it, which if you're like me and don't own a router, I DO NOT recommend doing. :)

Anyone else get one?? Any plans to mod it? Show me your bari teles!

https://imgur.com/gallery/zl4IYY4

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD — Squier Paranormal Cabronita BARITONE! Anyone grab one of these?

Post by Zork » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:29 am

Cool guitar but the Traynors are sick! :whistle: