STOLEN GUITARS - Colorado

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
zhivago
Mods
Mods

STOLEN GUITARS - Colorado

Post by zhivago » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:27 pm

Hey guys, I saw that a forumite over at TGP had a couple of his guitars stolen.

Here is a link to his post...keep an eye out for him...I've had my gear stolen before and it is a terrible situation. :(

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... n.2196366/
I put this in the stolen guitars area already but thought more would see it here.
Last Wednesday morning my guitars were taken from my house in aurora co.
they went straight to a pawn shop and were turned away. A guy saw the transaction and bought them from a thief in the parking lot.
my Revelator shell pink turned yellow and my 61 sunburst strat.
already checking all pawn shops, music stores, Craigslist, eBay and reverb.
If you are in Colorado and come across these contact the aurora police department or me here. The two on left.
thanks
Resident Spartan.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: STOLEN GUITARS - Colorado

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Ugh. Sounds like he had a chance to recover them when they were still in the original thief’s possession, but now that he sold them on that’s going to make it much, much harder if the buyer keeps them to himself.

Sucks that the pawnshop didn’t do the right thing.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm

I had a similar thing happen when my '67 Jazzmaster was stolen...I went to the pawnshop gave the serial numbers, pictures etc.

Then days later they still bought it and sold it to someone else. >:( >:( >:( As a reissue...for £350 or so! :fp:

Thankfully I managed to get it back, but I had to give the new owner his £350. :(
Resident Spartan.

seenoevil II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by seenoevil II » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:22 pm

zhivago wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm
I had a similar thing happen when my '67 Jazzmaster was stolen...I went to the pawnshop gave the serial numbers, pictures etc.

Then days later they still bought it and sold it to someone else. >:( >:( >:( As a reissue...for £350 or so! :fp:

Thankfully I managed to get it back, but I had to give the new owner his £350. :(
Am I wrong to think that it's a crime to possess stolen property? I get why that person might feel put out, but as the saying goes, buyer beware. Unless this is one of those things that's backwards in UK, like guilty until proven innocent.
If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:18 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
The story says that they refused to deal with the thief?
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:47 pm

andy_tchp wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:18 pm
fuzzjunkie wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
The story says that they refused to deal with the thief?
My implication was that they didn’t deal with the thief because they obviously knew the guitars were stolen, but they didn’t bother to call the cops. Hopefully they have security footage of the parking lot transaction.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:04 pm

seenoevil II wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:22 pm
zhivago wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Am I wrong to think that it's a crime to possess stolen property? I get why that person might feel put out, but as the saying goes, buyer beware. Unless this is one of those things that's backwards in UK, like guilty until proven innocent.
I'm not entirely sure...all this happened about 15 years ago...I vaguely remember that the new buyer didn't have his receipt anymore...maybe that also had something to do with it...the most surprising thing was that the pawnshop still bought and sold the guitar after all the information I gave them personally...I gave them printouts of photos of the guitar and everything.
Resident Spartan.