Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:29 am

tribi9 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:49 am
Does the colour look exactly like what the camera captured?

I know when I take pictures, it never matches.. 🤔 🤣
I don't have the guitar yet, but I'm betting that it will look the same. The pics look like they're just taken with good lighting and no filters. Also, I own several Fender Custom Shop guitars, and they usually look pretty close to the online pics unless someone uses filters or weird/bad lighting.

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:33 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am
Meriphew wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:00 pm
Image
Looks really nice with those clay dots!
Thx - I love clay dots. I have them on my current #1 guitar (Fender Custom Shop '59 Esquire in faded LPB)

Image

Image

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:35 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:03 am
Really nice. Rosewood + Sherwood look great together.

I find unbound Teles a bit more comfortable, but the binding definitely makes the color pop here.
All of my current Teles have binding. They feel comfortable to me, and I love the way they look.

User avatar
tribi9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9860
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Canada Dry

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by tribi9 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:11 am

Meriphew wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:29 am
tribi9 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:49 am
Does the colour look exactly like what the camera captured?

I know when I take pictures, it never matches.. 🤔 🤣
I don't have the guitar yet, but I'm betting that it will look the same. The pics look like they're just taken with good lighting and no filters. Also, I own several Fender Custom Shop guitars, and they usually look pretty close to the online pics unless someone uses filters or weird/bad lighting.
No, I don't use weird filters. Blue never looks the same when i take pics.

User avatar
Kylef
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Kylef » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:54 pm

That’s beautiful! Big fan of double bound teles aswell as Sherwood Green, looks amazing both together. Congrats!

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:14 pm

Kylef wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:54 pm
That’s beautiful! Big fan of double bound teles aswell as Sherwood Green, looks amazing both together. Congrats!
Thank you!

User avatar
BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5709
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 am
Location: Newfoundland

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Holy crap, that is tasty. I want one too.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen.
Every aspect of life is a two-sided coin. No matter how you flip it.

User avatar
Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 am
Location: Robe, South Australia

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Veitchy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:06 pm

God dammit that's fantastic. I know it's a tiny detail, but the clay dots have taken on that almost gold hue and really sets off the green nicely.

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm
Holy crap, that is tasty. I want one too.
Thx!

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 am

Veitchy wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:06 pm
God dammit that's fantastic. I know it's a tiny detail, but the clay dots have taken on that almost gold hue and really sets off the green nicely.
I love clay dots too!

User avatar
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Arthon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 am

Both really nice guitars!! I really like the dark Sherwood Green with the binding.
And I am a sucker for Esquires.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

User avatar
FiguredMaple
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:32 am

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by FiguredMaple » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 am

Awesome, congrats!

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 am

Arthon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 am
Both really nice guitars!! I really like the dark Sherwood Green with the binding.
And I am a sucker for Esquires.
Thx! The Esquire came with a conversion kit (neck pickup, pickguard) so that it could be converted into a double Esquire. I planned on doing that when I first bought it, but it just sounds so good as it is, I don't want to change anything on it.

User avatar
Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am
Location: Seattle USA

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:35 am

FiguredMaple wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:57 am
Awesome, congrats!
Thx man!

User avatar
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: Fender Custom Shop Telecaster in Sherwood Green Metallic

Post by Arthon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:10 am

Meriphew wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 am
Arthon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 am
Both really nice guitars!! I really like the dark Sherwood Green with the binding.
And I am a sucker for Esquires.
Thx! The Esquire came with a conversion kit (neck pickup, pickguard) so that it could be converted into a double Esquire. I planned on doing that when I first bought it, but it just sounds so good as it is, I don't want to change anything on it.
I have a 70th anniversay Esquire and I really like the sound of the one pickup configuration. Very bright and Countryish. I also have a CS Telecaster, so I have both configuration.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

Post Reply