NGD: AO60s Tele BMM

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: NGD: AO60s Tele BMM

Post by zhivago » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 am

JSett wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 am
zhivago wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:00 pm
I am a bit over vintage Teles at the moment...I gave up chasing them earlier this year...the prices are just insane!
Came back to update this thread and spotted this.

This post did not age well :D :D
Hahahah!! Absolutely fair to pull me over on this one! :D

I guess I lasted about 18 months before cracking and doing the unthinkable! :D :D :D

Your AO Tele looks awesome, by the way! :-*
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:30 am

...oh and my prophecy of the import taxes being as much as a CS Tele were pretty much spot on...ouch! :D
Resident Spartan.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:58 am

zhivago wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 am
JSett wrote:
zhivago wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:00 pm
I am a bit over vintage Teles at the moment...I gave up chasing them earlier this year...the prices are just insane!

I guess I lasted about 18 months before cracking and doing the unthinkable! :D :D :D

In all honesty, you cracked in the right direction. That's a lifer you've got there now.

Glad you like the end result. I know stickers aren't everyone's taste but the punk in me just won't quit :D

I've considered trying to get the money together for a 60s custom or Esquire but don't really need anything more than this one gives me now. It sounds exactly like a good Tele sounds in my head... Why buy another? I wish I still had my Blackface Vibrolux though, it would have absolutely ripped through that. And I could have dreamt I could play 1/100th as well as Roy Buchanan. Maybe another someday. If I can find one for less than 3.5k :fp:
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:31 pm

JSett wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:58 am
zhivago wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 am
JSett wrote:

In all honesty, you cracked in the right direction. That's a lifer you've got there now.

Glad you like the end result. I know stickers aren't everyone's taste but the punk in me just won't quit :D

I've considered trying to get the money together for a 60s custom or Esquire but don't really need anything more than this one gives me now. It sounds exactly like a good Tele sounds in my head... Why buy another? I wish I still had my Blackface Vibrolux though, it would have absolutely ripped through that. And I could have dreamt I could play 1/100th as well as Roy Buchanan. Maybe another someday. If I can find one for less than 3.5k :fp:
You never know what may fall into your lap in the future...they are definitely out there.

The only problem I find with vintage Teles is that many have been messed about quite a bit, so sometimes it is hard to tell what is actually original etc. A while ago...I think during the pandemic (time is a blur lately), there was a Tele Custom in a shop in Wales that I had my eye on. It was a blue body-only refin...I can't remember the year, but very early 60s and it sat for a long time at around £12k...still a lot of money, but man it looked cool....the frets had the crap played out of them, usually a sign of a good guitar....they are out there for sure. 8)
Resident Spartan.