NGD -- Bird of Prey & some Family Photos...

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD -- Bird of Prey & some Family Photos...

Post by Surfysonic » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:13 pm

Since not an offset, I figured I could share this mod I've done to my Astro-Sonic (i.e., my Gretsch Astro-Jet build). In my ongoing effort to have my guitars be noiseless/hum-cancelling, I wanted to update the Astro-Sonic by swapping out the currently equipped TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups. I could have gotten some TV Jones Magna'Trons (awesome, single-coil sounding humbuckers) but I wanted to retain the single coil look as well since this is my surfy Gretsch guitar.

I decided to take a chance on Fralin Alnico Rod style DynaSonics and they sound fantastic. You can also go with a P90 style option as well. You can choose your mounting ring finish (Polished Nickel or Gold) and select a top color - black or white.

My Gretsch G6120BS Chet Atkins Hollow Body currently has some TV Jones T-Armonds single-coil pickups. I'd like to put some Fralin DynaSonic pickups (gold mounting ring with a black top) but these pickups are currently only in the traditional DynaSonic style and I'd need it to be in a Universal style like a Gretsch Filter'Tron. I'll get in touch with Lindy Fralin to see if it's a possibility. If not, I'll probably get another set of TV Jones Magna'Trons.

The doofus formerly known as Snorre...