All that glitters is... SILVER

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: All that glitters is... SILVER

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:45 pm

Beauty

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:13 pm

So great. Congratulations.
I'm really impressed with the MIJ Gretsch guitars, and yours is a stunning one.
Mrs. Cestlamort has a sparkle jet (2021, I think. I traded in my Yamaha SG1500 and some cash for it) that may be the nicest guitar we've had under our roof. It does have different pickups (TV Jones, filtertrons I think) and the (semi-baffling) tone switch.
Sounds and plays really great, miles beyond the (still good) MIK g5126 (with dearmond 2000 pickups).

Personally, I'd be fine if OSG became "Other Silver Gretsches". Other sparkly gretsches could work too.

Jonesie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jonesie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:34 pm

cestlamort wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:13 pm
So great. Congratulations.
I'm really impressed with the MIJ Gretsch guitars, and yours is a stunning one.
Mrs. Cestlamort has a sparkle jet (2021, I think. I traded in my Yamaha SG1500 and some cash for it) that may be the nicest guitar we've had under our roof. It does have different pickups (TV Jones, filtertrons I think) and the (semi-baffling) tone switch.
Sounds and plays really great, miles beyond the (still good) MIK g5126 (with dearmond 2000 pickups).

Personally, I'd be fine if OSG became "Other Silver Gretsches". Other sparkly gretsches could work too.
If your wife's Gretsch is anything like mine then it is an INCREDIBLE feeling instrument. My duo jet is the most professional feeling instrument I have. It's just well made and feels complete.

sciuri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sciuri » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:31 pm
I’d definitely like to hear more about yours! I love Duo Jets too honestly, I was fine with either, just happened to find this Sparkle Jet for a great price and went for it.

I am really pleased with the Dynasonics and fuzz/ boosts. I use a lot of Fuzz Face variants (Analogman, a few home made, Fuzz Factory, etc) and they’ve all been great. Even Big Muffs sound nice. It sounds like a big Telecaster. All the normal tones, but more of them. Nice and fat on the neck but with more sparkle and highs than my Tele, and the bridge is really bright but there’s more girth. It’s really fantastic all the way around. The controls are a bit weird being used to typical Gibson and Fender stuff, but I’ll get over that. My old 6119 only has a 3 way tone switch and a volume control.
I got a black Gretsch Duo Jet G6128T-59 a while back. Love the filtertrons, and that got me interested in Dynasonics, so I put a set of Mojo Dynasonics in a Reverend guitar and am still seeing how well they work with different pedals.

I wasn't bonding 100% with my Duo Jet though, and it's taken a while to identify what feels missing for me. It might be the V-shaped neck. But I finally got around to adding a Tru-Arc bridge, round-core strings for a more slinky feel, and a Chet Atkins Bigsby handle. So far, the sound and feel are much better for me! I'm waiting on a taller Bigsby spring to arrive, then I'll post more details soon.

Congrats on your Silver Jet!

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:22 pm

sciuri wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm

I got a black Gretsch Duo Jet G6128T-59 a while back. Love the filtertrons, and that got me interested in Dynasonics, so I put a set of Mojo Dynasonics in a Reverend guitar and am still seeing how well they work with different pedals.

I wasn't bonding 100% with my Duo Jet though, and it's taken a while to identify what feels missing for me. It might be the V-shaped neck. But I finally got around to adding a Tru-Arc bridge, round-core strings for a more slinky feel, and a Chet Atkins Bigsby handle. So far, the sound and feel are much better for me! I'm waiting on a taller Bigsby spring to arrive, then I'll post more details soon.

Thanks! I played it for another hour and a half last night. These pickups are really working out great for me. I am mostly a single coil user in general. There really doesn’t seem to be anything that I can’t do with these that my Telecaster can do. And a Telecaster can do damn near everything!
A death’s head ring upon his finger

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:53 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:22 pm
sciuri wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm

Thanks! I played it for another hour and a half last night. These pickups are really working out great for me. I am mostly a single coil user in general. There really doesn’t seem to be anything that I can’t do with these that my Telecaster can do. And a Telecaster can do damn near everything!
I am in love with the Dynas on my Duo Jet, too. They're just fantastic pickups.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

luau
Admin
Admin

Post by luau » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:00 am

Congrats! That's a real beauty. The pickups sound like something I'd like.

jthomas
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jthomas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:13 pm

I don't need any more guitars and I can't afford buying any new guitars... but should I win the lottery I or get an inheritance, I sure would love to have a silver metallic Gretsch Jet to wail on. A real beautiful guitar. Rock on!