I think I'm turning into a Les Paul guy

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
luau
Admin
Admin

Re: I think I'm turning into a Les Paul guy

Post by luau » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:55 am

Your pictures are even better, Justin, love the color! That looks really nice, congrats.

I've never not loved LPs but I've gravitated to the larger necks over the last years and find them a lot more comfortable for my older hands. They've been multiplying around the house. :D

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:05 am

luau wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:55 am
Your pictures are even better, Justin, love the color! That looks really nice, congrats.

I've never not loved LPs but I've gravitated to the larger necks over the last years and find them a lot more comfortable for my older hands. They've been multiplying around the house. :D
Thanks Tom! I really pleased with it! The ‘50s necks feel great to me. This one seems to be just a hair smaller than my Junior. These Seth Lovers are really nice all around.
A death’s head ring upon his finger

F15hface
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by F15hface » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:49 pm

You can’t deny that there are some lovely Les Paul shaped objects. The guitarist in my highschool band had a white Tokai Les Paul custom clone that was an absolute breeze to play, and I’ve had a very brief noodle on a custom shop 68 custom reissue that felt lovely. I’ve also played a late 70s custom that weighed 12lbs and was a pig to play, but it can’t all be sunshine and rainbows. I’d like a black standard but it’s not happening any time soon - juniors are much more appealing to me.