Do you have a strat style or a tele style guitar?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).

Out of your non-offsets, do you have a strat-style or tele-style guitar?

Strat-style
33%
Tele-style
29%
Both
29%
Neither
10%

Total votes: 52

aen
Expat
Expat

Re: Do you have a strat style or a tele style guitar?

Post by aen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 pm

ahahahahhahaha

Hey where'd that $700 go?

Oh yeah, that one guitar in the corner.
I prefer their older stuff.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:42 am

rabidhamster wrote: soiouz, That thing is freakin sweet!  Is it a real fender?  I need details! :)
Thanks!!

Here, Sir, are some details..

It's a 1992 or 1993 MIM Fender Stratocaster. It was my first "real" electric guitar after a couple of cheap department store instruments... I bought it new : it was your standard black and white Strat... I quickly got the tortoise pickguard for it (paid a fortune for it back then) and changed the bridge pickup for that Seymour Duncan humbucker. I also changed a few electronic parts over the years (pots, switch), because they didn't resist some Sonic Youth covers... The K-Car green refin came around 1997, I guess... I also replaced the headstock decal for an American 1965-era style one.

Even though I prefer my offsets over this Strat anytime, there's still some stuff I seem to be able to play with that guitar only, so it will always remain part of my setup. It's got a great feeling neck and that humbucker sounds so well distorted. :? Plus, it's very lightweight and I can drop it and scratch it without feeling guilty.

rabidhamster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rabidhamster » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:40 am

lol, Aen, I actually got a wicked good deal on it in a pawn shop, so I didnt try it out in the store, I just gave em the cash and ran.  If itd been close to 700 bucks I wouldnt have even touched it;)

Thanks for the info, soiouz, thats cool.  the neck looks very vintagey, I bet it feels great! 

1946dodge
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 1946dodge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:12 pm

I have two strats - a 74 white with maple fingerboard, and an 89 strat deluxe with lace sensors also white with maple fingerboard. My son has an 89 with lace and sunburst body which I bought him as his first.
I have no tele, but I will get one someday, because they are beautifully bright and funky looking
A  man studies and learns all of his  life, and  attains wisdom only when he finds that  he knows much and understands nothing.

gutter rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gutter rock » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:32 pm

I am another "neither" !

I just can't get past Jaguars and when I want humbuckers I turn to either my Dearmond Starfire semi-hollow.

I have tried them!  I have owned:
Fender California Fat Strat
Fender Amer. Std. Strat
2 different USA made Peavey Predator strat copies
Fender japan telecaster custom
USA made Peavey Reactor Telecaster copy
Squier '51

None of them made it past a year of ownership for me.  I find the strats knobs are always in my way - I think I strum funny.  I have also found that I just can't get used to a Tele neck - I think the Jag's 24" scale has ruined me - which is silly because I have very long fingers!

I wished I liked them more - certainly would make it easier to buy a guitar around town!