new telecaster (TORTOISE SHELL!!!!!!!)

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
mewithoutus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

new telecaster (TORTOISE SHELL!!!!!!!)

Post by mewithoutus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 am

haha no, not tortoise shell finish, just the pickguard. the finish is actually vintage white.

i decided to let my marshall go for cash. the guy offered me $400. i took it. i pick the tele up tomorrow. i cant find pictures of any teles like it, but it looks just like this in tele form:

its a MIM, a year old, in perfect condition except for a paint chip on the back. cool huh? so you are probably wondering how much im paying for it, right?

$280. yep. and it comes with a deluxe case, the nicely padded one with the brass fender logo. oh im so excited i could cry. i played it today and it sounded great. i might swap out the bridge pickup for a highway one texes tele pickup that i got for freeeeee. life is getting better. PICTURES TOMORROW!
=--->christopher

myspace.com/foxestheband

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: new telecaster (TORTOISE SHELL!!!!!!!)

Post by zhivago » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:43 am

good score!!

I really like Teles....looking forward to the pics :)
Resident Spartan.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 am

mewithoutus wrote: haha no, not tortoise shell finish, just the pickguard. the finish is actually vintage white.

i decided to let my marshall go for cash. the guy offered me $400. i took it. i pick the tele up tomorrow. i cant find pictures of any teles like it, but it looks just like this in tele form:

its a MIM, a year old, in perfect condition except for a paint chip on the back. cool huh? so you are probably wondering how much im paying for it, right?

$280. yep. and it comes with a deluxe case, the nicely padded one with the brass fender logo. oh im so excited i could cry. i played it today and it sounded great. i might swap out the bridge pickup for a highway one texes tele pickup that i got for freeeeee. life is getting better. PICTURES TOMORROW!
great deal!
Last edited by mezcalhead on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:58 am

Congratulations! Is it string through or top loader?
You'll definitely want to change out the pups on it. At the very least the bridge pup like you said. The MIM come with cheap plastic bottom pickups, they don't even sound like a tele. They need that brass plate on the bottom of the pup to sound right. I would also suggest getting a 3 saddle brass bridge. You can get the wilkenson compensated bridge from Guitarfetish for 30 bucks, and it works whether its string through or top loader.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

mewithoutus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mewithoutus » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:12 pm

yeah im deff gonna change the pickups out first thing, and when i have the chance, im gonna snatch up the new bridge plate with the three brass saddles. i was thinking of doing that to my other tele, but this one i will for sure. and the wilkenson one seems like a good deal.
=--->christopher

myspace.com/foxestheband