Just played my first Gretsch, but.....

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Just played my first Gretsch, but.....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:00 pm

...its a lefty  :(

I completely forgot my friend was left-handed. I've been looking forward to a guitar sesh all week. My girlfriends away so no-one will mind, the guy comes round with the heaviest guitar & case I've ever seen. The case is like 3 inches thick or something. He gets it out (bu-bum) & it looks great (bu-bu-bum) but when I try'n play it it looks all wrong. It took me a while to realize why!!

Its like playing pool with your other hand. Completely alien & weird!!  ???

Its a beautiful Tennessee Rose nonetheless. Brand new but it still cost him £1700. I'd have taken a photo or 10 but my girlfriend's taken the camera with her. Oh well, maybe next time!!

He's been teaching me picking exercises.  ??? I've never felt so crap at playing the guitar. I can't pick for shit. He's like the fucking "Deliverance" boy!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Just played my first Gretsch, but.....

Post by zhivago » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:06 pm

I've only played a couple of Gretsches in my life...one was a Silver Jet, which was cool, but my fave was the White Falcon I played....I was fortunate enough to play it at a friend's rehearsal space, where he also had his 70s Plexi with a 4x12.

with drive on, that guitar made some of the most amazing sounds I've ever heard.

:o  8)
Resident Spartan.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Just realized I've posted in the wrong section. Me & my giddy fingers.

I still had a go at playing it & he showed me some mean licks!! If it wasn't for offsets I'd definitely be a hollow-body kinda guy. My friends got 4 now. Plus a Tele & a 80's $trat!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:33 pm

just moved it.
Resident Spartan.